Product Shoot:- Shaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthBaby

Shaver1.jpg

Feel free to comment. Just for yr EYES only :blah:

Sorry but just curious. Why the colourful lights for a product shot.

mm..please share with us how you set up the lighting. I am thinking of going into commercial photography....and the only experience with lighthing i have is in 3d software and basic illumination for video. Fancy lighting like yours is way out of my league...do share!!

YEah...please do share your light blending setup...i've seen this setup in 24/7 stock image books.

Yo Semota...you got some interesting industrial shots in your gallery...I rarely dig into my devianart gallery, a year to be exact!

khairi said:
Yo Semota...you got some interesting industrial shots in your gallery...I rarely dig into my devianart gallery, a year to be exact!

you Deviant too? haa...i have seen some of the other CS guys there too...just realised they are CS people till recently..people like vonvons

SniperD said:
Hi Semota... U have a lot of very interesting stuff in your devianart gallery... do post them.. I like your experimentions

Thanks guys...very flattered to hear that :) well..i try my best...Deviantart does not support hotlinking so i usually have to do additional transfers to photobucket.com to make the image appear here...very troublesome.. :sweat:

Yah..i do a lot of experimentations..i dont even dare call myself photographer because i am one of those who happen to use the camera as the tool to take what i need to reproduce the image i saw in my head when i am at the location.

BUt of course sometimes have to be a photographer when money beckons..haa. :bsmilie:

tell me which one you like and i try posting it here...i need some critics to keep me improving as well!! thanks guys!

its basically colour gel.. commonly use during product shoot...

2 types of colour gel used in here:- Red and Blue

Thanks for all who commented

:)

My first Product shoot using Colour Gel

;)

i took nearly 2 hrs to finish this shot.. almost wanted to give up liao

Too red in my opinion. Looks like having a bad cut after shaving.

A nice and cool colour will be good for shavers.

No offence please. ;p

mm...this make a very good discussion...regarding the use of colours..i think ruthbaby wanted to shoot the product different from the usual ways of shooting, the cool sleek methods as proposed by virgo..but then...as a commercial image, if the product photo appears nice and eye catchy..i dont see why not? after all...she may have aleady achieved two objectives, one as a creative photographer and as well as having a happy client. So that would have made her better than one who would shoot the typical kind of photo for the kind of product.... :thumbsup:

well..sometimes i feel photographers should attend visual comm classes or even better, take design theory, at least some conceptualisation would have made their photos better....that's how i feel for most local photographers who are really good technically but their photos are still lacking something...
:think:

i am still searching as well...trying out ways and means to do what i preach...but hell...i guess as long as you are happy with wat you do and shoot...i am fine... :D

PS: i am not trying to flame anyone okay? well...its more focused on the matter rather than the poster...i love you all man... :lovegrin:

Hey... Wah.. I can see your hand in the shaver photo...
becos such product are highly reflective.. so gotta becareful....

and normally.. for product shoot.. we dun shoot according to our own preference.. but customers'.. thus they always engage a arts director in the studio too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.