Product Shoot - Nonya Food Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I do see the food. not too much on the utensils and the chili which is about to be turn into rumpah. The tilt do works for me. Shows a sense of uniqueness, yet I do not know why people says the food its not the focus now as the user had use the rules of thirds in this photo for the food as it subject.

Just because he has used the rules of thirds don't mean anything. Composition rules should be seen as a guide and not a law. There are amazing photographs that don't exactly follow the rules of the third.

I don't know about you, but the way he shot it, it doesn't look appetizing at all. Looks more like a snapshot of his lunch than something you will want to put into the menu.

Well I do see the food. not too much on the utensils and the chili which is about to be turn into rumpah. The tilt do works for me. Shows a sense of uniqueness, yet I do not know why people says the food its not the focus now as the user had use the rules of thirds in this photo for the food as it subject.

rule of thirds ain't the only composition element around.

The image lacks depth and too much emphasis is on the utensils, rather, they are not well placed in the shot and thus the image looks very "here, there, everywhere".

Hope TS takes this in a constructive manner..

Never tilt product shots unless one is shooting video which is 'live' where there's panning
zooming etc. In product shoots the whole idea is to sell and capture viewers' fascination
and attention and in this case the food must be able to attract peoples' taste bud.

A tilt shot will certainly 'tilt' the viewers off.

Status
Not open for further replies.