Product shoot for Kids wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpix7900

Jun 29, 2005
Hillview
Hi,

Wanna check if anyone of you has done any product shoot on children's wear. I have a friend who is starting a website for children's clothes asking me if I could help her with shoots for the clothings.
Any suggestions how I can go about doing it?

Many Thanks!!! :) :) :)

For starters, a studio with a good lighting setup.

wah that's gonna be expensive man... that means must rent a studio lor... or is it possible to do it with some simple studio setup?

A simple studio can have good lighting - lighting is the key here. Once you have that, the camera setup is largely academic.

It will make your shoot a lot easier, and the final images will be much better.

Alternatively, you may decide on an outdoor shoot, preferably in the morning (midday sun is harsh, tricky and casts terrible shadows), using fill-in flash / reflector and bounce flash to eliminate shadows on your subject.

Lens-wise it doesn't really matter (IMHO) whether zooms or primes, especially if the images would be used for the web or newspaper adverts. If they are for high-resolution prints on glossy magazines then do consider a good-quality prime for maximum image quality.

if just kids wear, no models, that's very simple.

you can shoot inside a HDB flat living room,
just get a clean white paper as b/g,
lay the kids wear on top the b/g at the floor,
you may need stand on a small step ladder to shoot top down.

aim you hotshoe flash at the ceiling and wall (make sure it is white) around 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position of the products.
place a big white board add as a reflector on the opposite side of the products.

remember to shoot on manual flash mode, and custom WB, so you will have consistent exposure and WB results.

Hi Catchlights,

Can you elaborate a little more on what you have mentioned about "aim you hotshoe flash at the ceiling and wall (make sure it is white) around 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock position of the products.
place a big white board add as a reflector on the opposite side of the products.

remember to shoot on manual flash mode, and custom WB, so you will have consistent exposure and WB results."

I newbie lah, so hope you can help.

Thanks!

Some cost effective set ups compared to studio set ups

1) Use a light tent (those foldable ones)

2) If you have low ceiling, use flash with
a)bounce card
b)lightsphere (preferred)

Backgroun can get plain white cloth, nicely ironed. =)

drawing.jpg

Hi Catchlights,

Thanks for the sketch, its really detail. Thanks for the help.

catchlights is one of the more experienced photographers in here.

Thanks man, for the generous sharing of knowledge. Appreciate the help to the users in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.