Product photography service

leovirus88

Apr 17, 2013
Singapore
Hey guys. Just want to ask all the photographers who are doing product photography for blogshops.

How much do you guys charge per collection? or rather whats the market rate for product photography. Thanks :)

Please pm me or reply on the thread. Kinda urgent. :)

Please have a look at the Photo Biz section. Your question has been discussed there already and also the possible approaches how you come to a reasonable rate.

hey guys,

Just wondering. Is it reasonable to charge $7.50 per product photo? It includes phototaking, flash rental and photoshop. Thanks.

anyway, what do you like to achieve in the first place?

have fun?

learn product shoot and get paid?

fund your hobby?

or.......?

first you need to know what you want, than you will know what are steps more approbate to do.
if you have no idea of what you want, how do you know where are you heading to?

hey guys,

Just wondering. Is it reasonable to charge $7.50 per product photo? It includes phototaking, flash rental and photoshop. Thanks.

If you are asking, I assume you are interested. So the honest answer is that it is a ridiculous price for a real photographer and real clients. Parking fee and coffee tea cost more than that and we havent even reach the client's office yet. But if you are talking about blog shops, or you play-doh play play, then its up to you to have your fun.

Hey guys. Just want to ask all the photographers who are doing product photography for blogshops.

How much do you guys charge per collection? or rather whats the market rate for product photography. Thanks :)

Please pm me or reply on the thread. Kinda urgent. :)

Are you doing at least 200 items with just a simple 1 pic per item? Cheapest stock image also cost more than that. Luckily it isn't $7.50/per hour.

hey guys,

For a $7.50 per image to work, you will need volume and literary correct lighting at it without any editing.

Basically, if u can churn out 20-30 images per hour would be reasonable for someone who just starting photography to cover the cost.

My suggestion is to buy 2 cheapest flash guns and 2 x $2 daiso white translucent umbrella and tape it to something that can hold the flash set up steady through out the shoot and must also find free location.

That's cheap but can be done if got volume.

Regards,

Hart