Product photo shoot help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceprojeckt

Oct 14, 2005
hi all, i need help..
how to take product photo shoot, especially for reflecting object such as bottles:dunno: .. this is my 1st time to take reflecting product shoot.
I google out and seems cannot find excatly what i wanted.. are there any link or something that useful for me to read about it? any camera setting that i need to know? coz i always use manual mode all the time.
thanks for your help before..:D

I just using my sony H1 to shoot the product..

currently i'm using white paper as the background..
you mean by backlighting is to put some extra lights behind the object right?

1. Go to the library and look for books on product photography. Should be around 770 or 778 or thereabouts.

2. Join a still life class (eg. the ones offered by SLCC). This will be rapid ramp-up, and your teacher will correct your mistakes (which you will not get if you are just reading books).

iceprojeckt said:
currently i'm using white paper as the background..
you mean by backlighting is to put some extra lights behind the object right?
You can try shooting through the backdrop so that it will glow and illuminate the bottle from behind revealing the colour and contents.

Check out this website, scroll to the bottom, their example is for a bottle.

http://www.photoflexlightingschool....tudio/The_First_Studio_Product_Kit/index.html

I just ordered the kit, Photoflex First Studio Kit from Cathay Photo, $420 before GST.

iceprojeckt said:
hi all, i need help..
how to take product photo shoot, especially for reflecting object such as bottles:dunno: .. this is my 1st time to take reflecting product shoot.
I google out and seems cannot find excatly what i wanted.. are there any link or something that useful for me to read about it? any camera setting that i need to know? coz i always use manual mode all the time.
thanks for your help before..:D

I just using my sony H1 to shoot the product..

thanks every one.. anyway do i need close up filter to zoom out the product characteristic??

Status
Not open for further replies.