Processing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
I am also a Post Process noob .. Just to ask if theres any other better way to PS my pics.

For I shoot in RAW. I used Nikon Editor to do various actions like
sharpen, adjust contrast or brightness .. crop and save in Jpeg. At the same time I also adjust the size to 640*480 (suitable for posting)

Use PS to do borders, signature ..

IS this a long way ? Any shorter way ?

Moved thread to a more appropriate location.

Ian
Nikon Forum Moderator.

simon80 said:
I am also a Post Process noob .. Just to ask if theres any other better way to PS my pics.

For I shoot in RAW. I used Nikon Editor to do various actions like
sharpen, adjust contrast or brightness .. crop and save in Jpeg. At the same time I also adjust the size to 640*480 (suitable for posting)

Use PS to do borders, signature ..

IS this a long way ? Any shorter way ?

Sharpening, Image Resizing to 640x480, Adding Borders, and Signature could be done by setting up an "Action"

however, Adjusting Contrast and Brightness, and Cropping should not be done with "Actions" (auto pilot adjustments) because they all depend on the Photograph you have. You will have to Crop, and Adjust the colors manually.

waiaung said:
Sharpening, Image Resizing to 640x480, Adding Borders, and Signature could be done by setting up an "Action"

So can I ask .. Usually how is the procedure like?

Actually I wish to ask a really strange qn.
Why do you even shoot in RAW? If you're shooting for posting, then it doesn't make any difference does it, raw or jpg?

I mean, you're downsizing it from 6+(i assume) megapixel to 0.3megapixel.. There's so much loss in detail that it doesn't make sense anymore. Furthermore, ever tried shooting jpeg? highly likely it's going to get you better results than if you PP. (after all the in camera PP was set by professionals)

Anyway actions is like recorded steps. go turn on the actions window, open a photo, click on the record actions button, do what you want with the photo (every step will be recorded, including resize), save and close and stop the action.

with a bit of tweaking, you'll be able to batch file entire directories of files..

Status
Not open for further replies.