Problems with www.uobgroup.com site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
I have not been able to log on to the UOB internet banking site for more than a week now from home (on SNBB 1500). Traceroute shows complete packet loss at presumably UOB's gateway

C:\>tracert www.uobgroup.com

Tracing route to www.uobgroup.com [202.42.213.5]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms my.router [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms bb219-74-240-1.singnet.com.sg [219.74.240.1]
3 * * 9 ms bb78-77.singnet.com.sg [165.21.78.77]
4 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms ge-1-3-0-0.guinness.singnet.com.sg [202.166.126.
14]
5 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms ge-0-1-0-0.soju.singnet.com.sg [202.166.126.9]
6 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 202.172.208.61
7 12 ms 12 ms 13 ms 202.172.208.146
8 12 ms 13 ms 19 ms 202.42.213.150
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\>

Tried to do a traceroute from Visualroute site (in US) http://visualroute.visualware.com - same issue reported. Nothing goes past 203.42.213.150.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Well, I have no problems loading the page. Check with SN? I'm on MOL btw.

i dunno what is trace route...
but i can get into the website easily.

on singnet 256k

same result i got tracing. cannot go into the site. MOL1500.

No problem at all on SNBB1500 accessing the main site and secured site. But trace route got stucked and time-outs.

Hi Darren,

No problems here, I have been logging in and out several times for the past month.....can try www.uob.com.sg too....but I am in HK

HS

Drudkh said:
same result i got tracing. cannot go into the site. MOL1500.
okay, no problem liao... dunno why also. :dunno:

The time out seems to be the router/server denying the ping response, just like microsoft.com if you attempt to do a tracert, however if you try to access via the browser, the server should acknowledge the request.

espn said:
The time out seems to be the router/server denying the ping response, just like microsoft.com if you attempt to do a tracert, however if you try to access via the browser, the server should acknowledge the request.
Nope. The browser(s) hang waiting for response. I tried leaving it for 15-20 mins ... same thing ... blank page "Waiting for www.uobgroup.com" forever until I stop it. Tried with Opera, IE, Firefox from 3 different PCs connected to the network.

I am connected via an ADSL router. not sure if this is a contributing factor.

If I log onto my company network via VPN, I can get in. Just can't do it with any of the other PCs.

That's why I said 'should acknowledge the request' ;p heehee.

Is your router denying response from the server? Did you perchance block the site in your router's configuration? :dunno:

Darren said:
Nope. The browser(s) hang waiting for response. I tried leaving it for 15-20 mins ... same thing ... blank page "Waiting for www.uobgroup.com" forever until I stop it. Tried with Opera, IE, Firefox from 3 different PCs connected to the network.

I am connected via an ADSL router. not sure if this is a contributing factor.

If I log onto my company network via VPN, I can get in. Just can't do it with any of the other PCs.

Similar setup,via ASDL router and SNBB1500. Also see blank page when trying to connect to UOB.
No problem to connect to DBS, OCBC.....

Try using SNBB512 connection, experienced same thing.
:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

espn said:
That's why I said 'should acknowledge the request' ;p heehee.

Is your router denying response from the server? Did you perchance block the site in your router's configuration? :dunno:
Nothing has changed on the router. I was happily accessing (to see how little money I have in UOB ;p ) the site up until last Monday when I couldn't access anymore.

jc1 : can you let me know what is your assigned IP address to your ADSL interface? Maybe UOB is blocking a range of IPs on their gateway?

Using dynamic IP, 219 74 245 144

My ADSL IP is 219.74.245.xx ... so at least part of it matches. Anyone else?

issit cuz ur firewall blocked the java?

i had same problem until i turned off all my firewalls

I log onto UOB website daily, using different computers and broadband, so far no problem, even at this minute I am log in and checking my own account info.

Clown said:
issit cuz ur firewall blocked the java?

i had same problem until i turned off all my firewalls
Just checked the router settings. java and javascript enabled for passthru. Like I said, no changes were made to the router, but suddenly cannot get access.

Astin said:
I log onto UOB website daily, using different computers and broadband, so far no problem, even at this minute I am log in and checking my own account info.
Hmm ... can do a test? Can u transfer $1000 to me and see if I can accept the txfr and if that will fix my access problem?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :devil:

Darren said:
Hmm ... can do a test? Can u transfer $1000 to me and see if I can accept the txfr and if that will fix my access problem?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :devil:
Aiya, my broadband connection just got interrupted, server shut down, monitor gone blank screen, sorry cant do your test now....

Status
Not open for further replies.