Problems with Vosonic 8360

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Just discovered a new problem with my 8360 - when I copy from a Transcend 120x card to the HDD, all the files are corrupted....but when copying from the card to the computer direct, everything is fine.

Testing with other cards seem to be okay...

Anyone faced similar experiences?

vince123123 said:
Just discovered a new problem with my 8360 - when I copy from a Transcend 120x card to the HDD, all the files are corrupted....but when copying from the card to the computer direct, everything is fine.

Testing with other cards seem to be okay...

Anyone faced similar experiences?
Bro,

Not sure if you are aware of this firmware version DSP Firmware (0A-1.2.6), and it states :
"Improve the Operation System (OS) Note: This firmware version is not compatible with Transcend 120X 2GB and 4GB CF card. If you have these Transcend CF cards, please remain the version 0A-1.2.5 or 0A-1.3.0-B0. The firmware to solve this problem is being studied now." on the website mentioned below.

Info obtained from here.

Wah never read of this before, thanks for the headsup.

I'll go check on the firmware version - but to add, I have never updated the firmware since I bought it during the special pre-order that East Gear had.

ipin said:
Bro,

Not sure if you are aware of this firmware version DSP Firmware (0A-1.2.6), and it states :
"Improve the Operation System (OS) Note: This firmware version is not compatible with Transcend 120X 2GB and 4GB CF card. If you have these Transcend CF cards, please remain the version 0A-1.2.5 or 0A-1.3.0-B0. The firmware to solve this problem is being studied now." on the website mentioned below.

Info obtained from here.

vince123123 said:

I'll go check on the firmware version - but to add, I have never updated the firmware since I bought it during the special pre-order that East Gear had.
You are welcome.

neither did I. I used Lexar CF cards without any problems. Never used Transend before to share my experiences.

i having same problem as you but mine is not able transfer pic from 2GB Transcend 120x to FD70x. I noticed my 2GB is also slow in read & write on DSLR. i have no problem with Lexar 80x & Kingston 133x. i doubt is your Vosonic problem. today i will try to approach Best Bargain to get my Transcend replace.

Okay do let me know the results so I can see if I should consider changing mine too.

Vincere said:
i having same problem as you but mine is not able transfer pic from 2GB Transcend 120x to FD70x. I noticed my 2GB is also slow in read & write on DSLR. i have no problem with Lexar 80x & Kingston 133x. i doubt is your Vosonic problem. today i will try to approach Best Bargain to get my Transcend replace.

So problem is Transcend not Vosonic? Blu just got a 2GB Transcend 120X over the weekend...:eek: Let me try over tonight.

arrived Best Bargain at SLQ 6:20pm was redirect to next door to look for Mdm Ngoi to arrange 2gb Transcend CF to send to Taiwan for service. Expecting to wait for about 2 weeks. Mdm Ngoi finish work at 6pm (Mon to Fri). Will have to make another trip tomorrow.

Think only certain Transcend units only. Blu's Transcend working on with the older vosonic. 6300, 300-w and 2160.

Hmm, the problem now is with the new 8360 though, I never tested on the old ones.

oh ok..blu don't have the new vosonics...them old ones still functional.

vince123123 said:

Bro,
I was at EG and the tech guy (Dun wan to mention his name) told me that "Normal" CF copying speed is for cards up to 80x, "High" is for card speeds up to 120x and "Ultra" is for cards above 120x. Why dun you try coping at "High" speed on your 120x card to see if this resolves your problem?

Yeap I'm was on High already. Their "ULTRA" mode doesn't work on some cards.

ipin said:
Bro,
I was at EG and the tech guy (Dun wan to mention his name) told me that "Normal" Cf coping speed is for cards up to 80x, "High" is for card speeds up to 120x and "Ultra" is for cards above 120x. Why dun you try coping at "High" speed on your 120x card to see if this resolves your problem?

vince123123 said:
Yeap I'm was on High already. Their "ULTRA" mode doesn't work on some cards.
Think it's the brand of cards liao. My Lexar CF cards works flawlessly. :think:

Hmm not so much of brand, but if you use a card where the speed is too slow, and if you use ULTRA, the device will not copy the card.

You can try on a 24x Lexar and I dont think it will work either.

ipin said:
Think it's the brand of cards liao. My Lexar CF cards works flawlessly. :think:

vince123123 said:
Hmm not so much of brand, but if you use a card where the speed is too slow, and if you use ULTRA, the device will not copy the card.

You can try on a 24x Lexar and I dont think it will work either.
Your firmware and mine is the same. We bought during the pre-launch. I have used Sandisk Normal, Ultra II, Lexar x80 & even the Seagate Microdisk. All can leh. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.