Problems with raw photos metadata

tlvlx

Jul 5, 2010
I noticed that in all my raw photos that i've captured , the focal length of the metadata was not updated. Its always at 70mm. I'm using a EF 24-70 f/2.8L lens.
Any guys face this issue before ? I'm wondering if its lens issue ? Need some advice . Thanks

Last edited:

sjackal

Jul 9, 2008
I noticed that in all my raw photos that i've captured , the focal length of the metadata was not updated. Its always at 70mm. I'm using a EF 24-70 f/2.8L lens.
Any guys faced this issue before ? I'm wondering if its lens issue ? Need some advice . Thanks
What camera you using?

I had a Tamron 17-50mm for a while which always shows focal length on my Nikon and Fuji cams as 32mm and 42mm sometimes.

Previously a friend had a Sigma 17-70mm which always shows aperture at f/95.

First time I read about original Canon lens got such error. Maybe dirty contacts or chip problem.

tlvlx

Jul 5, 2010
What camera you using?

I had a Tamron 17-50mm for a while which always shows focal length on my Nikon and Fuji cams as 32mm and 42mm sometimes.

Previously a friend had a Sigma 17-70mm which always shows aperture at f/95.

First time I read about original Canon lens got such error. Maybe dirty contacts or chip problem.
i'm using 5d mark 3. Other than the focal length , all the metadatas are correct.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Since focal length is the only thing that gets reported by the lens (all other parameters coming from settings in the body) it sounds like a problem with the sensor in the lens that reports the focal length.
Check with other zoom lenses. If all works well there then have a visit to CSC with your lens.

tlvlx

Jul 5, 2010
Since focal length is the only thing that gets reported by the lens (all other parameters coming from settings in the body) it sounds like a problem with the sensor in the lens that reports the focal length.
Check with other zoom lenses. If all works well there then have a visit to CSC with your lens.
Yup. Will do. Thanks =)

Top Bottom