Problems with Gmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
To those who have Gmail accounts...

I will like to know if any Gmail users have encountered any problems or inconveniences using Gmail as lately there have been a lot of Gmail giveaways. Thus, I believe there should be quite a few of us here who have Gmail.

Let's keep the ball rolling... ;p

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

Some of my friends complained about a blank page being displayed with the single word "Loading..." at the top left/right hand corner of the page.

Apparently I also had this problem once or twice. Clearing off the cache in Safari apparently helps.

No more problems after dat. Me using a Mac. :D

using a XP with netscape. no probs so far..only initially it seemed to take ages finish downloading the inbox page when obviously everything(mail, pictures of icons,etc) are there...
*wonder what gmail is downloading*

No problems at all, I use it every day.

last time i wanted to send from yahoo to gmail with attachment, and from gmail to yahoo with attachment, both ways it ended up with a lot of bounced mail.

So i ended using yahoo instead to do all large attachment (as in > 2MB) email sending.

Some say that the max attachment size of GMAIL is 10MB. Is this stated anywhere?

I often try to attach >10MBfiles, and i have an error message saying the server is busy, but never saying that the max attachment size is 10MB.

Anyone has similar experiences?

using IE & Firefox, so far so good, unless you're using Opera (which is not supported).

Opera 7.6 does gmail. I use it all the time. Works just fine.

Two often-encountered problems:

1. Uploading an attachment may give me a timeout. However, uploading it a 2nd or 3rd time usually works.

2. For very big attachments (few hundred KB), it will more often than not give a timeout.

I've encountered once the problem of an email having an attachment bounced back to a particular address, but I did not manage to replicate the problem again, even to the same address.

this is actually problem with your ISP.

Ah Pao said:
Two often-encountered problems:

1. Uploading an attachment may give me a timeout. However, uploading it a 2nd or 3rd time usually works.

2. For very big attachments (few hundred KB), it will more often than not give a timeout.

I've encountered once the problem of an email having an attachment bounced back to a particular address, but I did not manage to replicate the problem again, even to the same address.

not much problem with gmail except it went down once few weeks ago.. I find the response is bette than hotmail..

Status
Not open for further replies.