Problems with 2nd set of D50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reno

Jan 22, 2005
Land of the Teddy Bear
Last time was the thin green line on the LCD display, went back harvey norman to have a 1-to-1 exchange (14 days policy). After using it for 2 weeks, this problem appear and the image is the same as the one in this link and occur at any shutter speed. The shutter minor just got stuck when the button is pressed. Now have to go to nikon centre for this. My friend going to kill me for recommending her the D50...... :cry:

Reno said:
Last time was the thin green line on the LCD display, went back harvey norman to have a 1-to-1 exchange (14 days policy). After using it for 2 weeks, this problem appear and the image is the same as the one in this link and occur at any shutter speed. The shutter minor just got stuck when the button is pressed. Now have to go to nikon centre for this. My friend going to kill me for recommending her the D50...... :cry:

it could be just dat HN got a bad batch. why need to go service centre? won't HN honour the 1-1 exchange? :dunno:

nightwolf75 said:
it could be just dat HN got a bad batch. why need to go service centre? won't HN honour the 1-1 exchange? :dunno:
Because it's bascially past two weeks, after the 7 days 1-1 exchange policy.

I frankly don't see why your friend should kill you over a D50 issue which can be resolved. :) Sh!t happens.

Blaming the brand is not going to help.

Tell her all brands have sh1T happening to their products.

Nikon BLOG
Canon 24-105L recall.

what else?

Bo bian, if this was a perfect world, I sipping magaritas in the carribeans liao :bsmilie:

TMC said:
Bo bian, if this was a perfect world, I sipping magaritas in the carribeans liao :bsmilie:
I'd prefer to do it at the beach of Hawaii :lovegrin:

Then I'll head over to switzerland, and over to europe :lovegrin: :heart:

espn said:
Because it's bascially past two weeks, after the 7 days 1-1 exchange policy.

I frankly don't see why your friend should kill you over a D50 issue which can be resolved. :) Sh!t happens.

Blaming the brand is not going to help.

Well, I just don't buy from HN anymore. Got a few products from there, other brands, and most times got problems. Too much Sh!t from HN....:dunno:

Not just because I am a D50 owner, or just uses Nikon equipment mainly, I have no problem with my D50 since Sep 05. Usually will buy photographic equipment from photographic shops like CP, MS, EG, TK13, etc.

Every brand of electronic equipment will usually have some batch with problems.

well.. if this is a perfect world... we won't be here making noise...;p

I my self got 2 defective D70 before i got a good one. from HN.

First one could not even shoot, when i press shutter release the shutter just jam and no photo taken. have to switch off and on again.

Second one have 8 stuck pixel, glass bits in lens.

As a normal consumer just bo pian lo, never buy from them again.

I truly believe they sell refurbish products or something. What are the chances of two lousy sets in a roll?

gomobile said:
I my self got 2 defective D70 before i got a good one. from HN.

First one could not even shoot, when i press shutter release the shutter just jam and no photo taken. have to switch off and on again.

Second one have 8 stuck pixel, glass bits in lens.

As a normal consumer just bo pian lo, never buy from them again.

I truly believe they sell refurbish products or something. What are the chances of two lousy sets in a roll?

That's why you can get extended warranty from HN for an added price...;p

Buy photographic equipment from local HN at your own risk...:nono:

True true,

But having extended warranty has it's advantage, only if Nikon have their own, i don't mind paying nikon for extended warranty like apples apple care.

So far, I have only 3 Nikon camera over 5 years, not a lot for comparison, but I have had no problem with all the cameras at all. If not for the EN-EL3 battery switch, I would not have visited NSC at all. I had to search for the map to go there last month....;)

Probably for me, I won't need such extended warranty for Nikon.

i dunno man... really up to personal preference... if u really wanna play it safe den prolly u can extend it for a year or so.... but for me.... i dun see a need for any extension... hehe..

Status
Not open for further replies.