problems downloading pics from oly c2040

Status
Not open for further replies.

scong19

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
hi guys,

juz got myself the c2040...great camera...however i'm having some problems downloading pics into my comp...
so far i've installed the camedia master oredi..i'm using win2k and it has detected the camera...however the camedia master juz dun detect my camera...

can anyone help me in this?

thanks.

Originally posted by scong19
hi guys,

juz got myself the c2040...great camera...however i'm having some problems downloading pics into my comp...
so far i've installed the camedia master oredi..i'm using win2k and it has detected the camera...however the camedia master juz dun detect my camera...

can anyone help me in this?

thanks.

C-2040z comes with Camedia Master 2.0, right? There's a patch for this problem if I'm not mistaken....go check out www.olympus.com.

Originally posted by Ninja
You can try calling up Olympus Singapre or download the lastest version Camedia Master 2.5.1 . It is a patch file which can be downloaded at the Olympus website at http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_downloads.asp

This patch is usefull only if the DC comes with v2.5 of the s/w....most older Oly DCs come with v2.0...gotta buy from Oly SG the v2.5.

hi,

thanks for all the prompt replies...
i'm currently using camedia 2.5 (as given inside the package) and have upgraded to 2.5.1 (thanks)
right now my camera appears as another storage device (as drive K)...thus i can only access the photos by clicking drive K.
the only problem now is that if i click the camera icon in camedia 2.5.1, it would not be detected and will prompt:

1) the camera is not switched on
2) wrong port
3) lower communication speed
4) etc...etc...

at least i can see the photos oredi
thanks again...

hi,

i'm currently using camedia 2.5 (as given inside the package) and have upgraded to 2.5.1 (thanks)
right now my camera appears as another storage device (as drive K)...thus i can only access the photos by clicking drive K.
the only problem now is that if i click the camera icon in camedia 2.5.1, it would not be detected and will prompt:

2) wrong port
4) etc...etc...

thanks again...
Hi scong19

After all the hardware connected, did you switch your C2040 to playback mode?

Anyway access K drive to move your files over is more "Cool". I still have not installed the camedia software yet! :D

Hi scong19

Welcome to the Oly C2040 Family. :rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Actually, there're some programs that allow you to download files from the cameras and generate web pages (for easy viewing) at the same time. I'm using photoloader that comes with my camera.

Hi scong19,

I've read on the FAQ on the Olympus website that the Camera icon on the Camedia software doesn't works for C2040 (and later models too I think)

What we can do only is to access is via the drive (K in ur case) on the left hand explorer window.

hi,

2) wrong port
4) etc...etc...

thanks again...

KC, can I use ACDSee software to autoload from my C2040 or only oftware from DC can do auto load? :dunno: I kind of prefer ACDSee.

shouldn't be a problem with the newest version of ACDSee. But I haven't tried it myself. The Photoloader program I had could load pics from my Fujifilm digicam too.

hey thanks man(men),

wow! lots of replies...haha
yup now i'm using drive K to do it. and do file transfer by drag and drop with explorer...
hope can post some "quality" pics soon...

cheers,

Originally posted by mpenza
shouldn't be a problem with the newest version of ACDSee. But I haven't tried it myself. The Photoloader program I had could load pics from my Fujifilm digicam too.
Share with me lah, how you do it after you have tried it out. :rbounce:

hey thanks man(men),

wow! lots of replies...haha
yup now i'm using drive K to do it. and do file transfer by drag and drop with explorer...
hope can post some "quality" pics soon...

cheers,
Hey Scong19

Are you really newbie in Photography? Do you need to attend the Oly DC Training? I can pass you the form. It is free for C2040 owner. ;)

I used to have a C2040Z, and I did not install the camedia software. All I need to do is to plug in the USB cable to PC and DC, once I on the DC - my computer will auto detect another drive. From there, I just use windows explorer to copy the file from the DC to PC.

Now that I am using C700UZ, the procedures are the same but seems like C700UZ is faster and not so hot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.