Problematic Model..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaoken

Deregistered
I super suay. Met a model (TFCD) but she got tons of requests.
Practically "manipulating" the photos (i.e. Resizing some body parts).

The problem is that I told her before I start the shoot, I only do simple editing.
We do not have any written agreement.

Then after I increase the contrast/brightness already, showed her some shots, she !@#$ me say the colour not nice! :what:
Should I just sent her those UNTOUCHED photos and let her do her own editing? Or continue edit for her then send to her, after that just draw the line with her?

1st time met such demanding person.
Can any experienced bros pls advice? :sweat:

Thanks. :)

Just send her your final edits and move on.

TFCD is on mutual respect, mutual cooperation basis. If she is getting the pictures free, never pay you money, and she wants to control you like you work for her, then she went out of line. Even full paying clients respect the photographer's for what his worth. So don't waste more time with her, unlikely she will go far with such manners.

BTW bro, TFCD not photo biz related lah, :D

I super suay. Met a model (TFCD) but she got tons of requests.
Practically "manipulating" the photos (i.e. Resizing some body parts).

The problem is that I told her before I start the shoot, I only do simple editing.
We do not have any written agreement.

Then after I increase the contrast/brightness already, showed her some shots, she !@#$ me say the colour not nice! :what:
Should I just sent her those UNTOUCHED photos and let her do her own editing? Or continue edit for her then send to her, after that just draw the line with her?

1st time met such demanding person.
Can any experienced bros pls advice? :sweat:

Thanks. :)

Hi there.

Just say that you aren't really good with Photoshop and that you've done ur best in editing =p

On a more serious note, I had this experience before (as a freelance web developer, not a photographer, though). Nothing much I could do, so I just try to at least negotiate for some time extension. I also don't really want to disappoint my client.

Now I always come up with strict agreement for every assignment. I try to list down the items to be done. Late requests not previously listed in the agreement will only be entertained with a separate agreement / treated as a second priority, depending on the difficulty level.

This, along with my premium rate, sometimes drive potential clients away. But on the other hand , it gives me time to focus on what I am doing, rather than going back and forth with those late requirements, and in the end, allow me to deliver quality result.

I don't say that this is the best way to handle these kind of problems, this is just my 2 cents =)

I hope you can sort out your problem soon.

Last edited:
Just send her your final edits and move on.

TFCD is on mutual respect, mutual cooperation basis. If she is getting the pictures free, never pay you money, and she wants to control you like you work for her, then she went out of line. Even full paying clients respect the photographer's for what his worth. So don't waste more time with her, unlikely she will go far with such manners.

BTW bro, TFCD not photo biz related lah, :D
I already sent her all those non-edited.
Somehow I'm a little heck care of her "special requests", just sending her the edited pics when I finished editing.

I post in this forum as I'm not sure where to post. As I can think of is linked to "photography industry".
Oops, sorry if I posted wrongly.

Hi there.

Just say that you aren't really good with Photoshop and that you've done ur best in editing =p

On a more serious note, I had this experience before (as a freelance web developer, not a photographer, though). Nothing much I could do, so I just try to at least negotiate for some time extension. I also don't really want to disappoint my client.

Now I always come up with strict agreement for every assignment. I try to list down the items to be done. Late requests not previously listed in the agreement will only be entertained with a separate agreement / treated as a second priority, depending on the difficulty level.

This, along with my premium rate, sometimes drive potential clients away. But on the other than , it gives me time to focus on what I am doing, rather than going back and forth with those late requirements, and in the end, allow me to deliver quality result.

I don't say that this is the best way to handle these kind of problems, this is just my 2 cents =)

I hope you can sort out your problem soon.
Thanks for your advice.

Have told her..
"I 'don't know' what you really want out of the photos. On top of that, my photoshop skills are not too good for manipulation of photos.
I can send you the photos and you can do anything to it. After I have done my edited version, I will send it to you."

Last edited:
hohoho..its funny to hear this...ask the model ...is she pretty in the first place? if kns looks, don waste your time even 1 sec to edit.

hohoho..its funny to hear this...ask the model ...is she pretty in the first place? if kns looks, don waste your time even 1 sec to edit.

why shoot in the first place? :D

Haha! you make me laugh.. :D

Heh. You can have a combination approach...

1. Tell her this is TFCD. If she wants specific editing, she should either *pay* for a photoshoot, or you can charge her per manipulated photo.

If she is still a demanding brat...
2. Give her the CD with the unedited shots and tell her no amount of photoshop will help anyway.

why shoot in the first place? :D
TFCD to pract my portraiture shots.
M.I.A quite a while already, so need to get my form back.

Heh. You can have a combination approach...

1. Tell her this is TFCD. If she wants specific editing, she should either *pay* for a photoshoot, or you can charge her per manipulated photo.

If she is still a demanding brat...
2. Give her the CD with the unedited shots and tell her no amount of photoshop will help anyway.
I like option #1. ;)
For option 2, I wouldn't even waste time giving her the CD on another part of the island. Can send via dropbox.

Tell that WTF "model" to look up the term TFCD again.

And no way will she get any raw or non-edited photos in such cases.

Tell that WTF "model" to look up the term TFCD again.

And no way will she get any raw or non-edited photos in such cases.
I gave her non-edited BUT resized to near web size. She kept blasting me with calls to say my editing is bad.

Say I go darken her skin tone when I increase contrast! :angry:
Never increase contrast, say pic colours not nice. Really frustrating.

Damn fed-up with her already.

Last edited:
I gave her non-edited BUT resized to near web size. She kept blasting me with calls to say my editing is bad.

So stop dealing with her. A TFCD is a favor to her as well. Remind her once and for all that in a TFCD, any amount of editing is up to the photographer. If she wants to have better editing, she can pay for it.

Send her a polite final msg with CD/4R photos via Postal Mail and welcome her to pay for next shoot if she wants.
But do get a model release or contract next time to protect both parties. Good luck!

So stop dealing with her. A TFCD is a favor to her as well. Remind her once and for all that in a TFCD, any amount of editing is up to the photographer. If she wants to have better editing, she can pay for it.
As a photographer, my responsibility is to edit and give her the pics.
I just take it as charity work.

Curious... who is she?
I think better not mention. Maybe she got some people whom she knows in CS.

Send her a polite final msg with CD/4R photos via Postal Mail and welcome her to pay for next shoot if she wants.
But do get a model release or contract next time to protect both parties. Good luck!
For photos, I just give her in web size or wallpaper size and that's all.
Ok, I'll take into consideration on the model release form.

No, not under TFCD. If it's under TFCD, you edit it to a level and point you want to, and she better just smile and accept it.

I think better not mention. Maybe she got some people whom she knows in CS.
so what?

you are telling the facts, if she think she is right, there is nothing she need to worry about.

if many photographers still willing to put up with her this kind of attitude, entertaining all her requests, that is their choice.

i think this thread can be removed if there is no intention of mentioning.
Or move to kopitiam. :)

I think she see you as easy to makan so she ate you.

On what grounds she blast at you. There should be at least mutual respect and be cordial.
She already crossed the line so you don't have to be polite to her anymore.

Would be good to know who she is so that we will avoid her like the plague ! LOL !

:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.