Problematic collegues!


Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#1
My friend Jack and I work under a same company whereby there is 2 junior collegues (call them Tom and Dick) who like to behave like big-shot and always trying to avoid doing production and always hugging on doing paper-work. Since our company is very new there isn't any boss to monitor them (as the managers are all very busy).
Both Tom and Dick had no heart in doing work at all and they packed up and left 15 mins before actual time. My friend and I are very pissed off with those 2.
We had actually complained to our boss many times liao but our boss told us to bear with it. Now is that my friend really cannot take it anymore and wanna resign tomorrow. I also planning to resign too... :(
Can anyone pls advice me how to deal with them?
Thanks!!!
 

#2
If you wish to grow together with the new company and you see big potential there, I suggest you to stay and bear with the 2 junior colleagues.

Instead of complaining to boss or "show faces" to your colleagues, you may try to use other techniques and see whether things are getting better.

First thing is to do your job well. No matter how they behaviors, we still bear the responsibility to do our job well and score.

Second, instead of trying to change them, we adopt ourselves and be happy to do the production works and always looking for something new to learn. Sooner or later, you will gain others' attention and you will find your values and position in the company. This approach, I believe, is a more long-term beneficial.

Third, talk to them with any interesting topics. Sometimes, it is good to have an open discussion and let them know how your feel.....maybe most importantly, let them understand: be aggressive but yet not offensive. Of course, takes time to influence them

Hope it helps....and good luck....
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#3
russel_sg said:
If you wish to grow together with the new company and you see big potential there, I suggest you to stay and bear with the 2 junior colleagues.

Instead of complaining to boss or "show faces" to your colleagues, you may try to use other techniques and see whether things are getting better.

First thing is to do your job well. No matter how they behaviors, we still bear the responsibility to do our job well and score.

Second, instead of trying to change them, we adopt ourselves and be happy to do the production works and always looking for something new to learn. Sooner or later, you will gain others' attention and you will find your values and position in the company. This approach, I believe, is a more long-term beneficial.

Third, talk to them with any interesting topics. Sometimes, it is good to have an open discussion and let them know how your feel.....maybe most importantly, let them understand: be aggressive but yet not offensive. Of course, takes time to influence them

Hope it helps....and good luck....
Thanks for the prompt reply. We had actually tried to talk to them and no matter how we tried also no use, they still behave in such ways to waste time.
They simily don't care about work and believe it or not??? They dun even know how to operate the machine! When I teach them how to opeate the machine, one of them even wanted to 'teach' me back!!! They really have a very serious problem!!!
They even play games during work and spend many hours behind doing 'unloading' but waste time there.
I really dun know what to do next but to resign. :(
 

hazta

New Member
Jul 17, 2005
1,036
0
0
SG,Northern
#4
R u ok or not? U wanna resign bcoz of someone else's doin? Phew... If I were u I'll juz do my part. Dun have to even complain to anybody. U do ur part n earn an honest livin.

N I second wat russell_sg mentioned.
 

hazta

New Member
Jul 17, 2005
1,036
0
0
SG,Northern
#5
Oh yeah... another is if u n ur buddy were to resign, I guess they'll b much more happier than ever.

Finally, they hav a job n u r out of job. How r u goin to continue shooting then? Worse still if u hav a family to support! Mayb datz wat they r tryin to do. They want e both of u to resign...
 

#6
XXX Boy said:
Now is that my friend really cannot take it anymore and wanna resign tomorrow. I also planning to resign too... :(
Can anyone pls advice me how to deal with them?
Thanks!!!
Dun resign.
If there are prospect for both of you in the company, stay on.

Who knows, one day, one or both of you might promote to Manager, then you can "take good care" of Tom and Dick.

Just my 2 cents.
 

Koelsch

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2006
1,454
0
0
The Land of the Teddy Bear
#7
I'm not in the working society yet but from my own experience, why would you even consider to resign if it isn't your fault? And since your boss have already taken note of their actions, it's his decision on how he would deal with the situation. I don't suppose your boss would want such good employees your likeselves to quit the company just because of two useless juniors? =)
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#8
I may sound stupid to most of you because I wanted to resign when the problems does not lie in me.
I just feel really sick and tired of all their nonsense. They would always find excuses to stop running production so that they dun have to pack and can sit down and relax. They just dun bother about work and always wanted to escape from production and doing useless paperwork which is not even part of their job!
Advice pls....;(
 

Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
33
Clementi
#9
dont care about what others do. just do your job honestly. there are bound to be skivers like that around. most importantly is that you have a clear conscience
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
11
Amazon Forest
#10
so what is your job title, is it production operator or machine operator?

i am very sure if your company is new they won't simply allow people to operate machines without proper training.

shouldn't all staffs be assign to their own machines during operation?

if yours is a new company how senior are you to the junior?
unless you are higher grading and salary...you are same level.

since your superior already told you to bear with it...just do it. maybe he got some other plans?

key point is, different workers at different level has different problems. generally everyone feels that he or she is always working more than the others.

and if those 2 fellows are really that junior as you mentioned. give them a chance then, they need time to get mature..
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#11
dominator said:
so what is your job title, is it production operator or machine operator?

i am very sure if your company is new they won't simply allow people to operate machines without proper training.

shouldn't all staffs be assign to their own machines during operation?

if yours is a new company how senior are you to the junior?
unless you are higher grading and salary...you are same level.

since your superior already told you to bear with it...just do it. maybe he got some other plans?

key point is, different workers at different level has different problems. generally everyone feels that he or she is always working more than the others.

and if those 2 fellows are really that junior as you mentioned. give them a chance then, they need time to get mature..

Yes, I am more senior than them in terms of salary and post. I was assigned to teach them about operating the machine (since I was send for overseas training for a year). The problem is that they don't bother to put in effort to learn and somemore one of them (which have very big ego but no working experince) wanted to 'teach' me back.
Now it is already one year and they still dun know how to operate machine and they just dun bother about it. They are rushing to do paper-work, invoicing and etc (which is not their job scope) so that they can escape from production.
Those fellows really got very serious problems!
 

Apr 26, 2004
64
0
0
#13
arrange with your buddy. either one of you go on leave while the other call in sick. let the jokers handle the machine for production. however, do leave a contact for you boss to contact you.
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#14
thomas_lkt said:
arrange with your buddy. either one of you go on leave while the other call in sick. let the jokers handle the machine for production. however, do leave a contact for you boss to contact you.
We had already tried that before. And on that fine day, they produce 0KG in production for the whole day!!! Coz they can't even get the setting right!
 

popeye

New Member
Apr 14, 2003
433
0
0
Visit site
#15
XXX Boy said:
My friend Jack and I work under a same company whereby there is 2 junior collegues (call them Tom and Dick) who like to behave like big-shot and always trying to avoid doing production and always hugging on doing paper-work. Since our company is very new there isn't any boss to monitor them (as the managers are all very busy).
Both Tom and Dick had no heart in doing work at all and they packed up and left 15 mins before actual time. My friend and I are very pissed off with those 2.
We had actually complained to our boss many times liao but our boss told us to bear with it. Now is that my friend really cannot take it anymore and wanna resign tomorrow. I also planning to resign too... :(
Can anyone pls advice me how to deal with them?
Thanks!!!
are you sure the "problematic colleagues" are Tom and Dick and not you and Jack? The fact that you work longer in the company, doesn't make you smarter than the person join later than you.

Look, if your boss, the person who fork money monthly for them does not bother about their work performance, means they are worth what they being paid. You are clearly not in a position much higher than your 2 colleagues, so you might not see their values to the company as your boss does.

It sounds to me they outwit you and Jack. They work smart, and no need to work harder to achieve same values return to the company.

If you are really not a loser, just prove to your boss that you are more worthy than those two people that you complain about. Simple as that.
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#16
popeye said:
are you sure the "problematic colleagues" are Tom and Dick and not you and Jack?

Look, if your boss, the person who fork money monthly for them does not bother about their work performance, means they are worth what they being paid.

It sounds to me they outwit you and Jack. They work smart, and no need to work harder to achieve same result.

If you are really not a loser, just prove to your boss that you are more worthy than those two people that you complain about. Simple as that.
My boss is not free to keep a constant lookout about the 2 fellows. That's why they can behave in such ways.
 

Apr 26, 2004
64
0
0
#17
XXX Boy said:
We had already tried that before. And on that fine day, they produce 0KG in production for the whole day!!! Coz they can't even get the setting right!
what did the boss say?
your boss said to bear with it?
who are these guys?
 

XXX Boy

New Member
Jan 11, 2004
1,159
0
0
43
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
#18
thomas_lkt said:
what did the boss say?
your boss said to bear with it?
who are these guys?
My boss hold a meeting on the next day with us....and he told us that all of the workers need to know how to operate the machine. And also ask them to get more involve in the production...but still till now, they dun even bother to touch and learn the machine.
Can see that they just not interested and can't be bothered.
Maybe I shall resign from my post and see them die???
 

#19
XXX boy,

i read your post with great amusement.

1. why do u want to resign for someone else's fault? if your two colleagues want to waste time, let them waste. they are wasting their time, not yours. as u said, after one year, they still don't know how to operate the machine. it is their loss, not yours.

2. they are your juniors. they should be the persons begging you to teach them, not you begging them to learn. if they learn how to operate the machine and do it well, it may not be your advantage at all. now they don't want to learn, again it is THEIR loss, not yours. why do u bother.

if i were you, i will just do what i am supposed to do, enjoy my life. why should i bother about those time-wasters. after a few years, tom & dick will realise they gain nothing, but wasting their own precious time.

my 2 cents. and maybe you should establish a bit of your senior authority as well.
 

Sjourn

Senior Member
Aug 9, 2004
967
0
0
Punggol 21
#20
complaints only go up the ladder. If i were you, I will tell my superior than I have done my best to impart knowledge, however they have a bad working attitude, you monitor them and see for yourself. i will not be responsible for thier job efficiency....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom