Problem with Syncing slave

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_lan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
I just bought myself a flash activated slave trigger.

Problem is, when i take picture with built in flash, even though my remote flash is triggered off, it doesn't seem to illuminate the picture.

can anybody help me with this problem?

i use a D50

Problem is, when i take picture with built in flash, even though my remote flash is triggered off, it doesn't seem to illuminate the picture.

i use a D50
mostly likely the pre flash of your inbuilt flash trigger your remote flash before the camera shutter open, solution is to switch off the pre flash function of your inbuilt flash via setting it to manual mode.

Hope this helps.

i tried all synch modes

rear, red eye, slow.. all can't synch with my D50..

any other suggestions guys?

i use a D50

at least ur slave trigger is not spoilt since it can trigger ur remote flash..try what catchlights have explained, u have to set the in-built flash to fire in manual mode first..so that ur flashes are in sync wif ur shutter..

i tried all synch modes

rear, red eye, slow.. all can't synch with my D50..

any other suggestions guys?
try setting your flash mode to manual instead of TTL... this should disable the preflash leaving your with just the actual flash.

try setting your flash mode to manual instead of TTL... this should disable the preflash leaving your with just the actual flash.

Can the D50's built-in flash be set to manual? IIRC, it can only be used in TTL mode.

BC

:thumbsup: Yup...

That's the only way to got for triggering remote flash.

BC

thanks guys!

i switched to manual 1/16 power and it syncs perfectly now!

but now i have this annoying autofocus light before the shot is taken. anyway to disable that?

thanks guys!

i switched to manual 1/16 power and it syncs perfectly now!

but now i have this annoying autofocus light before the shot is taken. anyway to disable that?
switch off AF assist

Status
Not open for further replies.