Problem with Sanyo 2100 Rechargeable Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefei

Jan 18, 2002
North East of SG
lefei.livejournal.com
I am having problems with my Sanyo 2100 batts recently. Whenever I charge them 1 week ago, and use it with my S1/A40, some sets of 2100 batts can't be used (the cam will give me an error msg "Change camera batteries") or I will be able to use, but will run out of batteries quite fast.

Any idea why is this happening? I haven't been using the batteries much by the way.

TIA.

Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage on your batteries after charging and after usage?

If you can find someone who uses a similar camera, pass the batteries to them to use. At least that will sort out whether its a camera or battery problem.

How old are the batts?

I've been using he 2100s for quite sometime for my flash with no issues.

i contacted sanyo before regarding this and they said it was the 2500 batch that had issues not 2100.however they can help you test your batts out if you willing to bring down to their office.

i have the same issue with my 2100s.

xVx said:
i contacted sanyo before regarding this and they said it was the 2500 batch that had issues not 2100.however they can help you test your batts out if you willing to bring down to their office.

i have the same issue with my 2100s.
I bought my 2100 quite a long time ago. Will they entertain if I don't have any receipt?

I'm having probs with my 2100s also. Discharges pretty fast (haven't done extensive quatitative tests though.

yo dudes, this is very new .....I will feedback your problems to SANYO. 2100s and 2300s have been around...... most of us have no problem. Can you all indicate your batch number ? Do drop me an email ..... cheers !:think:

i bought long ago also but hardly used them yet super fast discharge,sometimes in a matter of mins/hrs even when not in use.(havent done extensive testing tho)
how to check batch no.?

xVx said:
i bought long ago also but hardly used them yet super fast discharge,sometimes in a matter of mins/hrs even when not in use.(havent done extensive testing tho)
how to check batch no.?

look at your batteries against the light....the details are engraved on the body of the batteries :) BTW, did you expose your batts to extreme temperatures ? left it near strong heat source ? all batteries have a tolerance level to heat.

will check and post tonite.
nope always keep in dry cabinet,which is also away from heat/light.

looks like 03 06 LP...issit this engraving?

I have to go back home to check the batch number.

Discharging is too fast. I can leave it overnight after charging and the batteries just don't work.

lefei said:
AhV, can I go down to Heeren to get my old 2100s replaced?

yes, send them in for investigation bcos their engineer just came to town :) Leave the batts with them for testing lo...if you dun mind. They would like to find out the root cause.

I am your unofficial CS SANYO ambassador for the time being. If you face any problem, do let me know ...cheers ! :lovegrin:

AhV said:
yes, send them in for investigation bcos their engineer just came to town :) Leave the batts with them for testing lo...if you dun mind. They would like to find out the root cause.

I am your unofficial CS SANYO ambassador for the time being. If you face any problem, do let me know ...cheers ! :lovegrin:
Thanks, thanks. No need receipt also can right?

I too have problems with Sanyo rechargeable battery, refuse to charge up, and those that charge up discharge very fast, first the problem was the newly bought 2500, then same problem on the 2 years old 2100, and now even 2300, I have confirmed ALL my Sanyo battery got problem and unuseable anymore.
Now I do not trust Sanyo battery, as my work require very reliable battery power source.

Status
Not open for further replies.