Problem with RZ67

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceberg

Nov 20, 2002
West
berkyberg.blogspot.com
This is what i encountered...

when i depress the shutter release, the orange light turns on. Normally this would indicate that the dark slide has not been removed. I did remove it. I cannot fire the shutter. But, if I turn the shutter release to the fixed speed of 1/400, the shutter fires.

i loaded an exposed film to try out. The battery is relatively new. Only a few months old.

anyone can enlighten me on this?
thnx

Hi Iceberg,

did you bring the camera/battery to a cold country recently? It could still be the battery, despite it being 'new'. If you bought it a long time ago and only recently installed it, it could still be low on voltage.

I have experienced the same thing with my camera. usually, i have to re-insert the dark slide a few times and try removing the back and replacing it again. this may re-set the sensor of the camera and you might be able to shoot again.

the electronics is still one of the weakest points of the RZ. however, the optics are still very appealing tho.

hope this helps.

melvin h j tan

Hi melvin
thanks for the input... i tried reinserting the dark slide many many times. [edited] Last time it works, but today, this method didn't work. [/edited]

Initially I thought the film back have some problem, until i switched the shutter to fire at 1/400 irregardless of the battery. That gave me doubt on my assumption.

Hi kex
I haven't visited the site yet... thnx for the info... still reading through the threads as i speak...

I read through the forum.... reached like 400+th post.. gained some insight on how the mechanism of the camera functions...

here's my conclusion

due to the age of my filmback, the lock release lever is a bit loose.. such tt sometimes it touches the chrome pin on the body. so the shutter won't fire. tried a few rounds, tested the lever a few times, and it works.

[edited]so i guess to use the old film back, i need to manually force the lever back a bit everytime i load a new roll of film or after travelling with the camera [/edited]

and i'm a happy man :D
thanks guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.