problem with quadro chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painting with light

Apr 27, 2009
next to you
i found that gaming hangs on my quadro chip laptop . direct x issues.
trying to get ard the problem by installing lastest drivers but to no avail.
Yes the quadro are ment for rendering graphics whicj is why i purchase it but not being able to play my games just because its processed graphics is unjust. ah any solutions?
:think:

I believe Quadros are optimised for rending in CAD and other designing aps rather than gaming. No one should be buying them solely for purpose of gaming ..

u can probably get MUCH more gaming performance from the much cheaper geforce gaming cards..

I believe Quadros are optimised for rending in CAD and other designing aps rather than gaming. No one should be buying them solely for purpose of gaming ..

u can probably get MUCH more gaming performance from the much cheaper geforce gaming cards..

The Quadros are much the same hardware - except the target market for them is OpenGL based (CAD, video edit rendering, etc) and not DirectX gaming. It appears all that happens is internal chip resources are differently allocated, but the basic difference is above. Quadro for work, GeForce for games.

i became frustrated with my older laptop having a difficult time rendering and it took such a long time to preview. i choose quadro for its performance as A REPUTABLE WORKSTATION. kinda sad that it would not run games as well as it renders graphics programs. as well haha its suppose to be a workstation and true to its words hahah.

i became frustrated with my older laptop having a difficult time rendering and it took such a long time to preview. i choose quadro for its performance as A REPUTABLE WORKSTATION. kinda sad that it would not run games as well as it renders graphics programs. as well haha its suppose to be a workstation and true to its words hahah.

A workstation is a PC optimised for CAD/Graphics use, not for playing games. Maybe you should learn some PC terminology before complaining about the graphics card.

was looking at the alienware by dell but gaming is what i do after working long hours on my laptop. not a priority but it would be a pleasant experience thou that it could be a system of both work and play ;) any suggestions on making it possible other then running my other laptop just to get some happy time?:D

A workstation is a PC optimised for CAD/Graphics use, not for playing games. Maybe you should learn some PC terminology before complaining about the graphics card.

Well it was purchased after much thought into PC terminology as you mentioned dear sir. iam glad i made the correct decision about purchasing it . it would be realy pleasent to have some fun while you are at it ya HAHAH:bsmilie:

Oh by the way Mr Ian, did you capture some shots of the meteor showers lately? I place my camera on timer every 5 mins to get some shots l as much hype abt it having the best show. link below -
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606111 in the west on an open field . unlucky me. would love to see some shots i believe it would be better captured by an experienced person.

Oh well this question my be left unanswered . Will have some fun now ! Have a great weekend my friends :)

Status
Not open for further replies.