problem with property agent calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarinet

Nov 16, 2004
strewberry farm
How many of csers are living in housing estates that are about 4-6 years old notice a increase in calls from property agent asking if you want to sell the house?

Anyone knows the rule which govern such call? Some more some are calling from the same company and when asked her to please inform other agent from her company to stop calling, she give me altitude problem saying she don't care about other agent as she working for her manager only.:angry:

never experience this as mine is also about 6 years... maybe no one at home during the day time when they call... :)

Perry said:
never experience this as mine is also about 6 years... maybe no one at home during the day time when they call... :)

they called during the night... how hardworking... :bsmilie:

I get a call every month or so. Simply tell them NO

eawtan said:
I get a call every month or so. Simply tell them NO
i told them until sian le.... somemore some got altitude problem

Aiyah, so many approaches to use, if a courteous NO doesn't work:

1) Act interested, but ask really stupid questions. If it's a female agent, ask personal questions. Who knows, you might even get 'lucky'! If it's a male agent, ask if he is a homosexual. Hope that you don;t get 'lucky', unless you're so inclined.

2) Act interested, but say that you are in the middle of something. Ask for an appointment and tell the agent to go to your office. Give an address in Sungei Kadut or some other suitable location.

3) At the beginning of the conversation, act interested, say 'Uh-huh' and 'umm' from time to time, then place the handset down on the table and carry on with your daily activities or have an animated conversation in the BG.

Got so many more tactics lah. As people involved in the creative arts, be creative! :cool:

Best approach with minimal fuss and effort. HANG UP IMMEDIATELY.

Feinwerkbau said:
Aiyah, so many approaches to use, if a courteous NO doesn't work:

1) Act interested, but ask really stupid questions. If it's a female agent, ask personal questions. Who knows, you might even get 'lucky'! If it's a male agent, ask if he is a homosexual. Hope that you don;t get 'lucky', unless you're so inclined.

2) Act interested, but say that you are in the middle of something. Ask for an appointment and tell the agent to go to your office. Give an address in Sungei Kadut or some other suitable location.

3) At the beginning of the conversation, act interested, say 'Uh-huh' and 'umm' from time to time, then place the handset down on the table and carry on with your daily activities or have an animated conversation in the BG.

Got so many more tactics lah. As people involved in the creative arts, be creative! :cool:

Best approach with minimal fuss and effort. HANG UP IMMEDIATELY.
:thumbsup: but someone have to control them... always not not funny de lor

clarinet said:
i told them until sian le.... somemore some got altitude problem

go haunt them lor.....:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

clarinet said:
how :dunno:

like the way you haunt the WLC ppls..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

soma said:
like the way you haunt the WLC ppls..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Look like you are haunting Clarinet :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

clarinet said:
:thumbsup: but someone have to control them... always not not funny de lor

That's right, but the nature of their profession is such that it is reasonably expected that they would make a lot of cold calls, frequently. I guess if its really comes down to it, a strongly worded letter to the press highlighting this problem could be made, but a very compelling arguement would have to be made, and the initiative would need either a very long list of signatories, or a lot of similar public response before it may be looked into. I would not think that the realty companies would care, in fact, the bosses would probably be happy that their agents are working so hard.

clarinet said:
How many of csers are living in housing estates that are about 4-6 years old notice a increase in calls from property agent asking if you want to sell the house?

Anyone knows the rule which govern such call? Some more some are calling from the same company and when asked her to please inform other agent from her company to stop calling, she give me altitude problem saying she don't care about other agent as she working for her manager only.:angry:

Hi!

Cool it lady... dun so annoyed lah wait got railway tracks bu mei mei le....:)

I am a propety agent, before i begin let me appologise on behalf of all other agents for the inconvience n unhappiness caused to our fellow CSERS!

Why flats of 4-6yrs are being targeted is becos flat of this age fetches a premium thats why they trying to call to see if anyone by chance would like to sell their flat.

Tell u hor...those poeple calling u r telemarketers thats why they say they r working for their managers onli...they r juz doing their work as for their attitude ... cant comment it is their manager to find out n deal wif them... how? ... tell them u like to meet their manager saying u wan to sell ur flat or have their managers no and complian to them!

Normally call in the nite is becos owners will be at home... but normally i feel that their timing of call should not exceed 9.30pm. If do Please feel free to scold or complian!

Agents where got so free call especially in the night time agents r busy wif their appointments.

As for calling from the same company it is common due to the different telemarketers r being employed by diff agents n agents not knowing each other hence u recieving the same call from same co but diff people thats why the duplications r there. So no need to tell them they hav call before becos to them it is their first time calling.

Dont think there r laws governing telemarketing. we also recieve calls from other company doing telemarketing. Especially call to our mobile cos we adevertise to me its part n parcel... so u r more lucky u dun get calls to your mobile :)

If u do not wan to recieve further call u could privatise your no then your calls will be cut to the minimum!

OR Just as what eawtan had say jus simply say no to them if u recieved further calls.

Once again SORRY for inconveince n unhappiness caused to all CSERS staying in 4-6 yrs old flats.

I get very irritated with the number of flyers etc they shove into my mailbox, so I blocked it. Now, they shove it at my door. Argh! ALmost everyday I'll go home to find few pieces of them. Argh!!!

ndroo said:
I get very irritated with the number of flyers etc they shove into my mailbox, so I blocked it. Now, they shove it at my door. Argh! ALmost everyday I'll go home to find few pieces of them. Argh!!!
These junk mails/flyers are getting on my nerves too.

i thought flyers in the mail box everyday already quite bad... how does the agents get the house numbers anyway?

lol.... block the doors..... block the letterbox..... block the windows.... basically seal every hole that can fit the size of a flyer!!!! hahaha

duhduh83 said:
lol.... block the doors..... block the letterbox..... block the windows.... basically seal every hole that can fit the size of a flyer!!!! hahaha

Haha. Some even leave it on the floor leh. :angry: Recently I saw some clowns who even use doubleside tape to stick 'Property to rent wanted' near the lift lobby. :dunno: What's next? Spray paint on the wall saying 'PROPERTY WANTED'? :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.