Problem with NC 4.4 and PS CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
has anyone upgraded ur NC to 4.4 yet? i just did it last nite and used it to play ard with some files... but for some unknown reason, after i converted the NEF to jpg and open in PS CS2, the colours all went bonkers! all my pics, after being processed in NC, had a rainbow hue and banding across the pic when i opened in PS CS2 like below.

nc44.jpg

funny thing is dat, when i went back to NC 4.4 and re-open the JPGs, they also show the same rainbow hue.... :mad2:

can anyone help me out here? fyi - i shoot and process in AdobeRGB, both in PS and NC. never had a problem until just now when i upgraded.... :(

i found the problem liau......... you need to choose the JPEG compression when save the file as JPEG....... the default is blank......

:)

Beachboy said:
i found the problem liau......... you need to choose the JPEG compression when save the file as JPEG....... the default is blank......

:)

kns... :mad2: to think i've been fiddling ard with the controls for the whole nite...
bangdesk.gif

old getting i am....

Beachboy said:
hahaha there must be allot of people never notice that ;p

:bsmilie: think i just proven it myself... RTFM b4 starting.

dat said, the NC 4.4 seems to start up a little faster than NC 4.3 on my laptop. i've also tried the BnW function inside the new NC. quite useful for BnW conversion on the fly, tho the effects are not as good for those who like to do it the manual way in PS.

nightwolf75 said:
:bsmilie: think i just proven it myself... RTFM b4 starting.

dat said, the NC 4.4 seems to start up a little faster than NC 4.3 on my laptop. i've also tried the BnW function inside the new NC. quite useful for BnW conversion on the fly, tho the effects are not as good for those who like to do it the manual way in PS.
but at least is "straight" from cam. b/w function... :bsmilie:

hahaha i panicked the first time i converted my file as well.. and to think that i was rushing out. lol. luckily i figured out after i restarted the com. =P

problem solved, thanks to beachboy's help! :cheergal:

setting.jpg

just make sure u select one of the jpg compression methods. for some strange reason, this is left blank by default after u update NC 4.4... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.