problem with my tamron

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAGE77

Apr 3, 2009
north side
im using canon 40d..need some help people..my tamron 17-50 suddenly stop functioning theres a error code appear on my lcd screen communication between camera and lens is faulty clean the lens contact..(error code 1)
so i did some cleaning and follow the instruction manual but nothing happen...then i fix my back my canon 18-55 thing get back to normal...error only occur whenever i fix back my tamron..plus the viewfinder become dark..i also notice tat my appreture blade not functioning when i try to view thru the lens as well...it remain the same appreture when i zoomin and zoomout manualy...is there anyway to troubleshoot this..thx..

Check the aperture blade on the mount. It may be stuck.

im using canon 40d..need some help people..my tamron 17-50 suddenly stop functioning theres a error code appear on my lcd screen communication between camera and lens is faulty clean the lens contact..(error code 1)
so i did some cleaning and follow the instruction manual but nothing happen...then i fix my back my canon 18-55 thing get back to normal...error only occur whenever i fix back my tamron..plus the viewfinder become dark..i also notice tat my appreture blade not functioning when i try to view thru the lens as well...it remain the same appreture when i zoomin and zoomout manualy...is there anyway to troubleshoot this..thx..

can u try lock ur apecture to the smallest one (F22)? :)

Sorry my bad. Mistook it for the Nikon type.

The Canon EF mount should be all electronic contact. Check if the contacts are all clean. :)

PS : I dun really know canon tat well, but is there any way for you to control the aperture on the lens itself and see if it can be adjusted?

which one is the plate boss?

Erm.. aperture blades - this circular thingy near the back element. Check here, upper right hand you'll see aperture blades in normal position (1 - maximum) and when closed down (2). Your aperture will probably look like example (2).
If you can't solve it by contact cleaning it's time to search for warranty card, receipt and the address of the Tamrom Service Center. The latter you can find here in the Equipment section.

PS : I dun really know canon tat well, but is there any way for you to control the aperture on the lens itself and see if it can be adjusted?

Yep, can be done. Adjust aperture to f/22, press and hold the DOF preview button at the body and remove the lens. It's a bit tricky to press two buttons (DOF preview and lens release) at once but it works. Apart from that there is no manual control for the Tamron 17-50 ... and all other EF lenses (exceptions may exist).

Last edited:
thx people alredy troubleshoot...what i did is i zoom out(extend the lens) without fixing to the camera body..and then attach it to the body and focus...YEZZZ ah it no more stuck...Zac08 is right the blade stuck is this always happen and common error?....now very happy aledy cannot sleep anymore ..haha

thx people alredy troubleshoot...what i did is i zoom out(extend the lens) without fixing to the camera body..and then attach it to the body and focus...YEZZZ ah it no more stuck...Zac08 is right the blade stuck is this always happen and common error?....now very happy aledy cannot sleep anymore ..haha

If the blades get stuck, it could mean that there is oil on it and caused it to stick occasionally. Cleaning by technicians should resolve this if this keeps reccurring. :)

tHx for the tips dudes.. ..u people always sleep late ah? juz like me ah...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.