Problem with my Nikon Coolpix P7000 built-in flash

Exhaust

Dec 11, 2010
Hi guys, my built-in flash suddenly stopped working!! The day before it was still working fine as i was taking pictures of my friend's wedding. Then just today i took out my P7000 to play around and take some shots and realized that my flash is not working!

After pressing the flash button the pop-up flash pops up but the LCD screen still shots the "no-flash sign" and when i snap, no flash was observed!

I tried looking for Nikon Tech Support's contact number on their Nikon.com.sg website but i couldnt find it. Also tried searching for answers using Nikon's search for answers function but nothing works.

Anyone knows why is this happen and how can i rectify this? Also.. Does anyone kow the number to call and where can i send my Nikon cameras for repair? I bought my Nikon Coolpix P7000 from Harvey Norman

Hi guys, my built-in flash suddenly stopped working!! The day before it was still working fine as i was taking pictures of my friend's wedding. Then just today i took out my P7000 to play around and take some shots and realized that my flash is not working!

After pressing the flash button the pop-up flash pops up but the LCD screen still shots the "no-flash sign" and when i snap, no flash was observed!

I tried looking for Nikon Tech Support's contact number on their Nikon.com.sg website but i couldnt find it. Also tried searching for answers using Nikon's search for answers function but nothing works.

Anyone knows why is this happen and how can i rectify this? Also.. Does anyone kow the number to call and where can i send my Nikon cameras for repair? I bought my Nikon Coolpix P7000 from Harvey Norman

numbers r all here. contact the service centre. taken from nikon.com.sg webbie for ur info too.
http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=60

is it so difficult to google nikon singapore to find for info?

Service Centre Hotline: 6 5596 363
Service Centre Fax: 6 5593 669

Hey thx guys, i am getting very worried/anxious as it is my first camera that cost about 700+.. and it seems to be going 'crazy' after less than 1 month of my purchase

Hey thx guys, i am getting very worried/anxious as it is my first camera that cost about 700+.. and it seems to be going 'crazy' after less than 1 month of my purchase

Did u just purchase P7000 last November during Sitex ? Actually if you topped up $200 more ($999) you would get D3100 + kit lens + freebies though ..

Did u just purchase P7000 last November during Sitex ? Actually if you topped up $200 more ($999) you would get D3100 + kit lens + freebies though ..

Yea.. to be honest.. i did not do any research before i went to buy my camera. I didn't think that Digital SLR cameras would cost under $1000 and therefore proceeded to buy my Coolpix P7000, thinking that it would be a decent camera that i can start out with.

I played with the Nikon D90, Canon 550D and 60D. And realized that my P7000 is really nothing like the Digital SLRs even though i am able to adjust manually the settings of my ISO, WB, Aperture and Shutterspeed etc.

Totally regretted and should have bought a D3100 as my entry level DSLR.. sigh..:cry:

U can still sell it off in the B&S to recover some funds and go for what you want. one time pain but long term enjoyment. But pls research a bit more so in case D3100 is not your cake. Then you need to visit B&S again. Cheers and happy holiday.

Yea.. to be honest.. i did not do any research before i went to buy my camera. I didn't think that Digital SLR cameras would cost under $1000 and therefore proceeded to buy my Coolpix P7000, thinking that it would be a decent camera that i can start out with.

I played with the Nikon D90, Canon 550D and 60D. And realized that my P7000 is really nothing like the Digital SLRs even though i am able to adjust manually the settings of my ISO, WB, Aperture and Shutterspeed etc.

Totally regretted and should have bought a D3100 as my entry level DSLR.. sigh..:cry:

No need that sad. :)
The important things are the man behind the camera.
I think you could shoot in RAW format (*.NRW) with P7000, so you would be able to tweak and process your photo further.