Problem with GP charger..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with my 2hrs quick charger.

Once I bought my new batteries, I charge it overnight, about 8hrs for the 1st charge.
Aft that, I used it, it does not give me problem while using my Oly FL-36 flash, refresh rate about <=2secs.

After using, I charged it for 2 hours (as the charger is 2hrs).
After it indicates fully charge, I use it on my flash, the refresh rate is about 6-7 secs, sometimes even more.
NOTE: 4 of my batts are 2100NiMh and 4 are 2700NiMh.. All GP brands.

Have anyone faced such a situation similar to mine, before?

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Is it a battery problem or charging problem?

Thanks! :D

CS TAN

Sep 3, 2007
Hong Kong
Just to make sure, your flash is at full discharge in both scenarios? A partial discharge when you use the flash as a fill flash will have a faster refresh time as compare to the full discharge. Just want to eliminate this variable before looking further.

3in1c

Oct 23, 2008
East
Where did you buy them? GP batteries doesnt hold power for long.

foxwagon

Mar 13, 2005
Get a Maha charger & Imedion or Eneloop batteries.

Where did you buy them? GP batteries doesnt hold power for long.
IT show or something like that about 6mths ago.

Get a Maha charger & Imedion or Eneloop batteries.
Isn't those about the same? It's due to the NiMh ratings, I thought? :dunno:

splim

May 6, 2006
sgsplim.multiply.com
the correct way to test the refresh rate is to set the flash to Manual, select desire GN, then press the TEST button.

phazed1

Jan 19, 2009
have a problem with GP as well, I'm using the half hour charger. initially the batts are a bit unreliable, but the performance should stabilize after a while. make sure you fully discharge before charging until it is stable. i dunno whether it makes a difference or not, but i'd also not mix the different batts together when charging. meaning 2100 and 2700 charge separately. hope it works.

have a problem with GP as well, I'm using the half hour charger. initially the batts are a bit unreliable, but the performance should stabilize after a while. make sure you fully discharge before charging until it is stable. i dunno whether it makes a difference or not, but i'd also not mix the different batts together when charging. meaning 2100 and 2700 charge separately. hope it works.
Yup. I know it's better to discharge before charging again.
Now I ignore the "2hrs" charging time.

I leave it to charge for about 5hrs..
Don't know what's the diff? :dunno:

Maybe trying it out soon. ;)

zhiw3i

Oct 13, 2008
The Quick Charger 2hrs, usually means 2 batteries, thus 4 batteries usually is 220mins, at least for my GP Recyko, saw the Sanyo Charger with similar rating also, 2 Batteries 120mins, 4 batteries 220mins.

Slower recharge time might be due to insufficient power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom