Problem with G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumraisin

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I just bought my G2 about a month ago.

I don't know what happened, but my G2 started going a bit wonky (showing "CF card error" when I tried to view some of the pics on the cam). I formatted the CF card and all but the next thing I know, the computer no longer detects the G2 when I plug it in with the cable!

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm quite distressed. Especially as I haven't sent in the warranty yet.

Can your camera still takes pictures?
Do you have a CF Card Reader? If yes, use it to see if it works.

Sorry, did you set your dial to play mode? (Might be a stupid question but really need to check)

I have encountered it once or twice. When I switch to play mode and hooking to the computer. The top lcd display was "Pb". I need to give a firm push again to the cable against the camera. It is possible that your connection cable is not so good.

You have to provide more details. This way we might be able to help you.

Oh okay figured out what the prob was. The cable is a bit loose and needs to be firmly held to the socket otherwise the camera doesn't register it. Thanks Goondu.

Still dunno what resulted in the CF card error though. Lost a few good photos that way.

Hi RumRaisin,

Aye, I used to have this problem with the G2 (the CF error shite) before i sold off the bugger. Better send it to Canon. I sent mine there and they rectified the problem immediately.

Cheers!!:)

Oh ok thanks for the tip Nitrotech. Will do so once I send in the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.