problem with Err in D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmarx

Deregistered
Feb 11, 2009
Bukit Batok
can anyone suggest me this error? i googlin' around and did mostly except go to NSC.
like pop out the battery, changing lens, remove SD card.
Help needed indeed coz the body is out of warranty.

I guess best option is send to NSC.
Only they know how to get it fix.

what was the last thing you did before the error came out?

just shooting around, and then i noticed that when i changed to 50mm f1.8 lens, it showed the Err. so i click the shutter release button for once and it's normal and it happened again so i changed to 18-105 lens and it's ok again. Now the Err is with 18-105 lens.

have you tried doing this...

with the 18-105 attached, switch off the camera and then switch with the 50mm and then switch on.

yes bro, tried out. Now my beloved item is at NSC. They said it's because of shutter unit or aperture unit. cost abt 240.

yes bro, tried out. Now my beloved item is at NSC. They said it's because of shutter unit or aperture unit. cost abt 240.

sorry to hear that.

so they pointed out which part failed, but did they say what caused it to fail?

Ii think its a problem with D80.. seems it has occured to quite a few D80 users.. u can see this link http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506708. there are already a few users who encountered the problem,.. seems to be the same problem. this is the main reason I hesistated getting a D80.. hai...

Funny, I was at the Koi Garden in Suntec this evening trying to shoot when the blinking "Err" appeared on my D90 and I couldn't do anything. I was only able to reset the camera by taking out the battery. Luckily when I turned it on, it was fine. I don't know what caused it but the unit is only a few days old....

From the D80 thread, they say sometimes it is the Lens contact so maybe it's the same with the D90? I'll see if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.