Problem with continuous shots for 450D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i'm not sure if it's a problem for my 450D. I switched to continuous shooting mode but oni 2 fast shots were taken, followed by abt 2 sec of delay afterwhich another 1 shot was taken.

I tried my friend's 450D and it was very smooth..fast clicks without any delay. So is there a problem with it? Any 450D users here experience it also? Luckily still got warranty...if it's a technical fault i no nid to pay rite?

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
sounds like a shutter button problem or maybe its just the card not writing fast enough.. if you can get hold of a shutter release try with that, or try with your friends CF to narrow down the possiblilties..

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Also, are you shooting in good light? What was your shutter speed? Were you trying to focus on a moving object? Were you shooting in live view or normal mode?

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
a few possible problems. :)

1. card writing speed problem. (cos of fake card) since u mention u gt a superior card.
2. try switching off high ISO noise reduction, highlight tone priority.
3. is your shutter speed fast enough?
4. are u comparing with raw vs jpg? iirc jpeg transfer is slower than raw due to processing. (correct me if im wrong) :D

Last edited:
Also, are you shooting in good light? What was your shutter speed? Were you trying to focus on a moving object? Were you shooting in live view or normal mode?
I was shooting in the day..yeah, at same spot with both cameras but only mine got this prob.

a few possible problems. :)

1. card writing speed problem. (cos of fake card) since u mention u gt a superior card.
2. try switching off high ISO noise reduction, highlight tone priority.
3. is your shutter speed fast enough?
4. are u comparing with raw vs jpg? iirc jpeg transfer is slower than raw due to processing. (correct me if im wrong) :D
I used auto thou...in fatc the first 2 continuous shots are fast..just that after that got prob, so i assume it isnt the shutter speed? As for point no. 4, i'm not sure thou. Perhaps i shd just bring it to service centre? Or anyone staying at admiralty can help me??

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
I was shooting in the day..yeah, at same spot with both cameras but only mine got this prob.

I used auto thou...in fatc the first 2 continuous shots are fast..just that after that got prob, so i assume it isnt the shutter speed? As for point no. 4, i'm not sure thou. Perhaps i shd just bring it to service centre? Or anyone staying at admiralty can help me??
Is the red light up? if yes the memory buffer is full. i suggest u use your friends card and try if the problem persist. try to isolate the problem first. :D

Dec 11, 2008
lol i have the same problem here with my 450D... takes 2 shots continuous, den need to release and re-press...

settings were definitely more than adequate, shutter speed at 1/500 for example. i believe its a shutter release issue, but so far im lazy to send it to canon cos i use my 1D3 when i need to do sports related shoots... otherwise the 450D is for casual stuffs :)

but i think you should send it in to canon, do let me know what they say as well? haha!

Diavonex

Sep 23, 2008
Admiralty
Suggest you try shooting with your friend's card. Maybe your card is a fake.

lol i have the same problem here with my 450D... takes 2 shots continuous, den need to release and re-press...

settings were definitely more than adequate, shutter speed at 1/500 for example. i believe its a shutter release issue, but so far im lazy to send it to canon cos i use my 1D3 when i need to do sports related shoots... otherwise the 450D is for casual stuffs :)

but i think you should send it in to canon, do let me know what they say as well? haha!
Haha..i will! I'm not rich like u to use 450D as backup! :p

Suggest you try shooting with your friend's card. Maybe your card is a fake.
I will try using my other card then to test it..thx!

chiangkxv

Jul 5, 2008
Tiong Bahru
www.flickr.com
Btw 450D supports SDHC cards rite? Or shd i get a CF card? Does it supports?

But my friend was using a normal SD card when i tried the shots too...and no problem for his cam.
Oh..im currently using Transcend Class 6 8GB
450D does not use CF cards.

Identify the problems first. dont make any unnecessary purchase. :nono:

Be reminded that settings slows down the cam too. (hmmm think i repeated myself. :D)

Dec 11, 2008
nahh its not a card problem... i've been switching around normal SD and SDHC cards, and class 2, 4, 6 ones...

my 450D cld do quick bursts of 4-5 at first, until this period where i shot intensively and then it became like tt... haha!

Apr 20, 2006
There is nothing wrong with the camera or the card. If you turn on noise reduction, you will only get 2 shots buffer. Read the manual. It says so in there. If you turn off noise reduction, you will get 6 shots buffer. This happened to a friend and we solved the mystery together.

The speed of the card only comes into play once the in-camera memory buffer runs out. So, you should get at least 6 shots continuous, even in RAW, and even when you use the worse crappy SD card on earth.

However, if you get a uber fast card, you may get more than 6 shots buffer since the camera can shoot 3.5 frames in a second. The really fast cards can save up to around 13mb/s for this camera, so it should get you another shot buffer in RAW, or quite a few more in JPEG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom