Problem synchronising camera with flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
Hi. Anyone has problem synchronising your Flash guns with your FZ20 in burst mode? BTW, I am using the Suntax 328DTZ and while I was able to get two properly exposed frames (2 out of 3) with the 328DTZ in burst mode, in the past, I now manage to get only one.

What could be the problem? Is it because the flash is inadequate? (I am using auto flash as what I did before and I have also enabled burst mode flash on my camera).

Any recommendation for a good reliable burst flash costing no more than $150.

the flash probably can't cycle fast enough. are the batteries fully charged and the subject the same distance from the flash and the same ISO/aperture used?

you'll generally need external battery packs (e.g. quantum 1+, or some dedicated external battery packs) to power the flash to improve the cycling rates.

There is another factor why in the past you manage to get 2 to 3 burst and now only 1.

Your aperture setting and distance from the subject. Higher f-stop and your subject being further away from the camera means the flash have to discharge more to get the correct exposure. If the flash is partly discharge to get the right exposure, it will take a shorter time to fully recharge it.

For experimenting purpose, everything being equal, try at f2.8 and another at f8, with the subject at the same distance from the camera.

Zenten said:
Hi. Anyone has problem synchronising your Flash guns with your FZ20 in burst mode? BTW, I am using the Suntax 328DTZ and while I was able to get two properly exposed frames (2 out of 3) with the 328DTZ in burst mode, in the past, I now manage to get only one.

What could be the problem? Is it because the flash is inadequate? (I am using auto flash as what I did before and I have also enabled burst mode flash on my camera).

Any recommendation for a good reliable burst flash costing no more than $150.

Hi Bro, read the manual again. I think somewhere in the manual says that is can only fire one shot with flash. :think: And it is natural that the flash needs to charge up for the subsequent shots too.

nope...

for a short distance , my flash can fire 3 times...

but for 2m, only fire 2 flashs...

Yes my Emoblitz flash can take 3 frames when batt is just fully charged. After that, it is down to 2 all the time.

spiderman said:
Hi Bro, read the manual again. I think somewhere in the manual says that is can only fire one shot with flash. :think: And it is natural that the flash needs to charge up for the subsequent shots too.

Here is the manaul. But it is for the built in flash. I don't know if it applies for the external flash.

P1010560.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.