Problem opening raw files.

sebasdor

Mar 17, 2009
Hi all.. I'm having problem opening my file files which I took with my 50D. I shot in raw + L . I'd tired using photoshop but can't open. Any idea ?

There should be a plugin for photoshop to open Canon RAW file.
Just go to Adobe website and search for it.

Foxshade said:
There should be a plugin for photoshop to open Canon RAW file.
Just go to Adobe website and search for it.

Okie noted. Thanks.

Either use the software that came with your camera, or use Adobe Camera RAW.

I don't recall having to download anything to open raw files or having problems with raw files from my 50d.... which version of photoshop are you using?

I don't recall having to download anything to open raw files or having problems with raw files from my 50d.... which version of photoshop are you using?

Ps cs4 ext.

i try using canon raw image task but cannot.

jgjonathangoh said:
look for adobe camera raw plugin for cs4.

Adobe web only have fir cs5. Anybody got a link?

But i tot normally Camera Raw is already installed together with photoshop at the very start when you install it? For me i just double click on the RAW image files and Camera Raw will auto run.

Could it have been different format? Try saving your raw format to DNG format see if it works.

But i tot normally Camera Raw is already installed together with photoshop at the very start when you install it? For me i just double click on the RAW image files and Camera Raw will auto run.

Could it have been different format? Try saving your raw format to DNG format see if it works.

Only the newest PS will get the updates to camera raw for the newest cameras that come out. If you want to open the camera raw natively, you will need to upgrade your PS. But they do give you the dng converter so you can use your existing version.

Camera raw are specific to their model whereas dng is an open standard and gives you a better chance at future proofing your files.

try this link..
if cannot pls search google, thats where i got the link from, dont think google know me so well as to be bias and providing me the link but not u :)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4621

This link is to download an update for camera raw for cs4. If cannot try a manual installation. where is it? search pls

Last edited:
jgjonathangoh said:
try this link..
if cannot pls search google, thats where i got the link from, dont think google know me so well as to be bias and providing me the link but not u :)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4621

This link is to download an update for camera raw for cs4. If cannot try a manual installation. where is it? search pls

Thanks alot. I've download e update. It works.