problem on AM PRO electric dry box

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlim

Mar 7, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi, I bought this AM PRO electric dry box 2 years ago, have been using it. but recently water vapours appears on the glass door. I switch the meter to high or low also get the same probnlem. the meter reads 70% in the red. should the dial switch be in the H or M or L? is the box spoilt already?

danlim said:
Hi, I bought this AM PRO electric dry box 2 years ago, have been using it. but recently water vapours appears on the glass door. I switch the meter to high or low also get the same probnlem. the meter reads 70% in the red. should the dial switch be in the H or M or L? is the box spoilt already?

I think its prob spoilt. The hygrometer should change when u turn the dial (over time). The ideal humidity for storing camera equipment should be around 40%

darrel, thks, i know it shd be kept at 40-50%. turning to H means higher RH, so it will get dryer?

danlim said:
darrel, thks, i know it shd be kept at 40-50%. turning to H means higher RH, so it will get dryer?

yup ... if its any help, when i turned mine all the way to the end, the humidity drops to as low as 10% (over time).

Think what you'll need to do is to call the distributor. They are at some ulu industrial park in Paya Lebar *sigh*. Should have a 5 year warranty right?

Mine died one my about 1/2 year ago, so i was told to take out the de-humidifier unit, which they replaces 1 to 1.

call up Alley Photo and they refer me to digital point for service, called digital Point, they refer me to call AM Pro. Calle AM Pro, they claim that my set was under wty by Celestar and since they have closed down, wty void

Status
Not open for further replies.