Problem mounting a Mir-26 45mm/f3.5 on my Kiev 88CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
harlo!

does anyone know any shop that can help me solve the above-mentioned problem? i just got hold of a Mir-26 lens for my Kiev 88CM from ebay. the seller did say dat its for 88CM mount. but, for some strange reason, i can't get the locking ring to lock onto the lens. i've emailed the ebay seller abt this. however, i hope there's some shop in singapore dat can help me have a look at the problem, in case there's no return policy for the ebay seller.

TIA! :)

nightwolf75 said:
harlo!

does anyone know any shop that can help me solve the above-mentioned problem? i just got hold of a Mir-26 lens for my Kiev 88CM from ebay. the seller did say dat its for 88CM mount. but, for some strange reason, i can't get the locking ring to lock onto the lens. i've emailed the ebay seller abt this. however, i hope there's some shop in singapore dat can help me have a look at the problem, in case there's no return policy for the ebay seller.

TIA! :)
there is 2 types of mounting for 88CM - pentacon 6 or bayonet mounting. u need to ensure that the lens is pentacon 6 or bayonet mount to fit.

lim
d studiolab

Nightwolf75,

Hope you have solved your lens mounting problem.

The older Russian MF lens comes in 3 groups (by the type of mount). From what i have read, the original MF camera was Salyut (also known as Salut). There are at least two variations of the Salyut, refer to as type 1 and type 2. Then a improved version known as Salyut S (or C) then followed by the Kiev 8x series.

These cameras besides differing in features also has different mount.

Most common lens that comes in 3 variations of mounts is MIR.
When there is no alphabet appended after the model number, it is mean for the original Salyut. If there is "B" it is for Salyut S or Kiev 8 x cameras. If letter is "b" it is a pentacon six mount and for the Kiev 6 (and likely the Kiev 60 as well).

So if you are buying Russian lens make sure you check the alphabet on the lens.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.