Problem looking for job

lensman1968

Apr 10, 2010
Anybody has a problem looking for a decent job.

For the last 16 month. I have send out hundred for resume but nobody call me back.

For the last 16 month. I have send out hundred for resume but nobody call me back.

I understand how you feel, it can be very frustrating and depressing at the same time. Especially when(if) you had lowered pay expectations and broaden job options acceptance beyond comfort level. All i can say is tahan and try to pull through. :thumbsup:

Keep trying and don't give up.

All the best to you.

u r not alone... many of my fren have problems finding a job too... it is taking longer time now.. much longer...

there's a lot of openings at MBS.. guess they're still recruiting.. of coz, depends on what you meant by decent job lah..

Think of it this way... you are still young (I presume that you just completed your studies?)

Uncle like me is stuck to my freaking job in a deadend company... I wanted out, but has more difficulty when competing with you youngsters... the only comfort I have is quite a bit of experience;)

which line are you in?

is this your 1st time looking for a job?

have you tried recruitment agencies? they do a decent job in helping, in fact, all but 2 job I was in came from recruitment agencies

Last edited:

Are you sending out a generic resume? Are you tailoring your resume for each company and position you are applying for?

Frm your nic I assume when you put 1968 means that you are likely to be 42yo. This is mid life age when you are kinda neither here nor there in career unless you have own biz. If seeking a junior post, Employers may view you as too "senior" and may not want to pay you the kind of $ you ask or they are uncomfortable to pay you with. In other word you are "overqualified but not worth the pay". If seeking a more senior post they go for your 'quality' experiences and what you can bring in for the company. FOr every $ they pay you they expect 10Xs or 20Xs back so can you do that for them?:dunno:

The other thing about Resume, it is Marketing for YOU so imagine if you put it up as an avert in the newspaper or TV, will anyone including yourself be interested to read/watch it?:bigeyes: Will you be drawn to make the call NOW?:devil:

Frm your nic I assume when you put 1968 means that you are likely to be 42yo. This is mid life age when you are kinda neither here nor there in career unless you have own biz. If seeking a junior post, Employers may view you as too "senior" and may not want to pay you the kind of $ you ask or they are uncomfortable to pay you with. In other word you are "overqualified but not worth the pay". If seeking a more senior post they go for your 'quality' experiences and what you can bring in for the company. FOr every $ they pay you they expect 10Xs or 20Xs back so can you do that for them?:dunno:

The other thing about Resume, it is Marketing for YOU so imagine if you put it up as an avert in the newspaper or TV, will anyone including yourself be interested to read/watch it?:bigeyes: Will you be drawn to make the call NOW?:devil:

but dnt go too far on the marketing. seen lots of CMI pple, resume write so nice but actually person working totally sucks

Is 40 something a deadend for corporate careers...I am reaching there soon. Kind of getting worried. I have seen high flyers this age being replaced. I have seen junior workers this age being marginalized. Then what are all the 40 something doing to be redundant proof?

Past 40, even Mindef also don't want you, put u under MR.

but dnt go too far on the marketing. seen lots of CMI pple, resume write so nice but actually person working totally sucks

Yes, dun put to much flowerly bombastic wording abt yourself if you cannot justify it. It is just a way of putting your foot into the door. The rest is up to you during the interview. At least the 1st step is that you have a chance once you are in their office meeting the interviewer right instead of sticking the finger inside the ... :sweat:

Imagine you are looking for a customer. You need to look for leads, convert them into customer and translate to sales so same process. Without Leads( interviews) you hv no chance in the world to get any sales(job)

seen lots of CMI pple, resume write so nice but actually person working totally sucks

yeah.. but sadly those are the ones who will get the job..

pple who can sell seems to usually do better than those who can't.. capability doesn't matter as much when it comes to success (aka high pay).. This also applies to insurance agents, property agents, sales reps and job seeker etc......

Last edited:
I am worried too if I can get a job when I graduate! I cannot work in my dad's co as what I learnt is not applicable there.

yeah.. but sadly those are the ones who will get the job..

pple who can sell seems to usually do better than those who can't.. capability doesn't matter as much when it comes to success (aka high pay).. This also applies to insurance agents, property agents, sales reps and job seeker etc......

they get the job but they get to see the door soon aft they get the job but still need to see wat line you are in

Yes, dun put to much flowerly bombastic wording abt yourself if you cannot justify it. It is just a way of putting your foot into the door. The rest is up to you during the interview. At least the 1st step is that you have a chance once you are in their office meeting the interviewer right instead of sticking the finger inside the ... :sweat:

Imagine you are looking for a customer. You need to look for leads, convert them into customer and translate to sales so same process. Without Leads( interviews) you hv no chance in the world to get any sales(job)

i get your point. actually our whole life is like sales.

getting a job? sell yourself
getting gf/bf? sell yoursef also