problem in my new pentax k-x

sadeq-x

Sep 29, 2010
hi everybody am new member in clubsnap forum .. i hope i can find a solution for my problem

i just received my pentax k-x from amazon before one week ..
i was taking photos till the batteries are almost died ..
and today i bought new batteries and i changed it with the old one and it works ..
then i turn it off when i make sure that the new batteries work ..
i wasn't intending to take photos at that moment
so i put the camera in the bag ..
after maybe half an hour i took my camera to take some photos
and here is the surprise ..
the camera doesn't work !!!! ..
i tried to put the battreis again and again ..
and tried to put the old one ..
but the same thing ....
am soo afraid at this moment
i don't know what to do ..
the camera is clean never dropped off to the floor nothing has crashed it ...
so please if u have experienced this problem before or u know anything please help me

my regards sadeq

The Kx is a high drain device. Pentax strongly recommends using Energizer Lithium batteries.
If you are buying alkalines, stick to energizers only as they have the high drain capability.

And yes, you need to update the firmware first (from ver 1 to ver 1.01). This is very important as it fixes the battery low/dead problem ! Next is to set the battery to the correct type in your camera. The "auto" sometimes have problem identifyng the battery. :)

Did you upgrade your firmware?:think:

no i just recived it in the last 3 days so i don't no anything about the upgrade or how to do it

what sort of batteries are you using

i was using the battries which does come with the camera which is i think energizier or i don't know how to spell anyway :: then when the battry almost died i went to the market and bought some cheap battries i don't know which kind but it's not energizier but it works the first time and in the second time it didn't :(

I think that happened because the kamera can't decide what type of AA battery in auto-detect mode when you use alkaline battery. For energizer lithium and sanyo eneloop should be ok.

Try to change the battery type manually. It's on page 253.
http://www.pentaximaging.com/images/temp/63399407595779261272600manual_k-x_en_official.pdf

yeah when i checked the menu i found was sitted in the auto mode but i didn't know what does that mean at that moment so i didn't change anything :: and about changing the selection of the battry i can't because the camera does not work at all :(

The Kx is a high drain device. Pentax strongly recommends using Energizer Lithium batteries.
If you are buying alkalines, stick to energizers only as they have the high drain capability.

And yes, you need to update the firmware first (from ver 1 to ver 1.01). This is very important as it fixes the battery low/dead problem ! Next is to set the battery to the correct type in your camera. The "auto" sometimes have problem identifyng the battery. :)

i will try to look for this kind of battry because am from malaysia am not sure they sell it here or not and hopfully i can find it

i was using the battries which does come with the camera which is i think energizier or i don't know how to spell anyway :: then when the battry almost died i went to the market and bought some cheap battries i don't know which kind but it's not energizier but it works the first time and in the second time it didn't :(

One expereince I had with my kx is almost simliar, when i ran out of juice..a freshly brought akaline battery did not work. I brought another second pack of akaline and it work. I was wondering...fresh akaline battery just brought from the store also have QC problem?

From that day onwards I turn my battery settings to NiCad instead of Auto Detect.

i will try to look for this kind of battry because am from malaysia am not sure they sell it here or not and hopfully i can find it

Rechargable sanyo eneloop is cheaper in long run than energizer lithium. And if you buy eneloop, don't forget to buy the colorful one :D

IMGP4842.JPG

Rechargable sanyo eneloop is cheaper in long run than energizer lithium. And if you buy eneloop, don't forget to buy the colorful one :D

IMGP4842.JPG

hopfully i can find it in malaysia :)

One expereince I had with my kx is almost simliar, when i ran out of juice..a freshly brought akaline battery did not work. I brought another second pack of akaline and it work. I was wondering...fresh akaline battery just brought from the store also have QC problem?

From that day onwards I turn my battery settings to NiCad instead of Auto Detect.

really strange i will try maybe it works with me

the batteries coming with the camera should be lithium or alkaline.

the cheap batteries might not have sufficient voltage...

how long does the sanyo battry take in the camera till it get off or died ?or in specific how many pictures allowed u to take ?

and if i buy the charger with it and i charged the battry how long does it take in the charger untll it get full ? lets suppose that it is totally died 0 :sweat: and put in the charger

:)

how long does the sanyo battry take in the camera till it get off or died ?or in specific how many pictures allowed u to take ?

and if i buy the charger with it and i charged the battry how long does it take in the charger untll it get full ? lets suppose that it is totally died 0 :sweat: and put in the charger

depend oh charger- some 1hr / some 2hr some 4hr charge

It's abt 400-600 shots per charge . Also depend on how u use yr K-x :)

the standard sanyo charger (i.e. MQN-04) is an overnight charger. it talks 12-14 hrs to charge 4 x 2000 mAh eneloop battery fully.

http://www.eneloop.info/products/chargers.html

quick charge is only available if u get the more expensive MAHA or Sanyo MQR-06 charger.

Bro,
You can calculate charging time by dividing the capacity of the batteries with the charging current of the charger. That is normally rated for 2 batteries. if you charge 4, then x2 the time taken. For te higher end chargers like Maha, they are all individually controlled, so no need to x2 when charging 4 batteries. (I have that one!):)

BTW, if you use Energizer Lithiums, you should be able to get around 1500-2000 shots depending on how you use it but you probably know it by now as you used 1 set. :D