problem : hoya close up +4 filter out of focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynett

Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
Hi, i have a problem here. i juz bot a len adaptor 52 mm for my G2. together i bot a hoya +4 close up filter.
i was trying out some close up on automatic mode. When i press the shutter halfway to do a autofus, the camera focus on the subject and beep twice (indicating focus done), but on the LCD, the image was blur. I did a snap and the photo was blurred when i uploaded it to my comp.

I am new to close up. Anyone can advise on this ?

Thanks

Originally posted by skynett
Hi, i have a problem here. i juz bot a len adaptor 52 mm for my G2. together i bot a hoya +4 close up filter.
i was trying out some close up on automatic mode. When i press the shutter halfway to do a autofus, the camera focus on the subject and beep twice (indicating focus done), but on the LCD, the image was blur. I did a snap and the photo was blurred when i uploaded it to my comp.

I am new to close up. Anyone can advise on this ?

Thanks
Did you use zoom? Try zooming all the way and then position your camera lens approx 22 cm away from the object. You should be able to focus and also see the magnification.

Note that close-up filters have a rather fixed focusing distance. With a +4, you can focus only around the 20-25cm range.

If I am not mistaken, a close-up filter will have a FIXED focus and AF will not work - the focus distance will vary with the close-up lens and the focal length.

When u use a closeup filter, you may have to turn off AF and focus by physically moving the camera until the image is in focus.

Experts with closeup filters please chime in and clarify :p

Originally posted by Darren
If I am not mistaken, a close-up filter will have a FIXED focus and AF will not work - the focus distance will vary with the close-up lens and the focal length.

When u use a closeup filter, you may have to turn off AF and focus by physically moving the camera until the image is in focus.

Experts with closeup filters please chime in and clarify :p
Not true. AF can still work, though it could be a little tricky. You have to position the camera roughly within the working range and then AF. A little practice will improve your accuracy in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.