Problem buying from Adorma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpot99

Feb 22, 2005
north
Hi, have anyone brought anything from Adorma? I made a order for a flash on the 23 April and arranged for it to be shipped directly by UPS to my singapore address. But till today the status on my order is still pending. How long do I have to wait for it to be shipped? Quite disappointed at the service too. Send them email twice and have not even recieve any replies yet... Anyone with similar experince?

Oh another question. Is it possible to cancel my order? Like call my credit card company or other solutions? Dun think emailing them is an option given, they have not reply nor aknowledge my pervious emails.

Call them instead of emailing. I've ordered from Adorama before and everything went great.

My understand for internet Credit card order, unless the law has changed, buyer can protest to the credit card company and the selling company will not get the money.

Call them to find out what is happening, if not feeling confortable, call your credit card company for advice.

I had wanted to order a lens from them too. But realised they were on holidays (like with B&H) till 28 April 2008. Do be patient as they may take time to clear their outstanding orders and emails.

Thanks for the replies. will wait till after their holiday:)

Yes, the Passover holiday caused a lot of things to be waiting. I'm surprised that they didn't mention it when you placed the order as they even sent e-mails to regular customers about it. I'm sure they'll process the orders twice as fast once everything is back to normal.

Yes, the Passover holiday caused a lot of things to be waiting. I'm surprised that they didn't mention it when you placed the order as they even sent e-mails to regular customers about it. I'm sure they'll process the orders twice as fast once everything is back to normal.

Yup. Think they should have put up some notice to inform custormers. One more problem is that the item that I order is currently out of stock... but one the day I made my purchase its still in stock. Certainly hope they had reserve one for me... which I think may not be the case:(

Yup. Think they should have put up some notice to inform custormers. One more problem is that the item that I order is currently out of stock... but one the day I made my purchase its still in stock. Certainly hope they had reserve one for me... which I think may not be the case:(

They probably already have them in the receiving area and only need to process them. Good luck. In 4 years, I've only had one issue with them and it was resolved quickly and with an apology.

There is a representative for Adorama who is a ClubSNAP member. If they see this thread, I'm sure they will offer help. You might change the title to Adorama, so they can find it more easily.

If the value of the item and the postage is more than US$400, you have to wait a few days before you get a letter from Customs regarding payment of the GST.

bought an expodisc from them on the 15th April and they delivered to the vPOSTUSA address at Portland on the 18th. finally received it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.