Prob with cropping of pics when sending for print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Hi all, i juz went to sincere photos (fuji) to have my pics developed.

from an earlier thread back in hwz i understand that to print 8RW prints its best to crop at 6x4 which i already did. here's wat some of u posted back:

8RC=8x12 (12/8=3/2) = 3:2
8R=8x10 (10/8 = 5/4) = 5:4
5R=7/5=7:5
4R=6/4=3:2
3R=5/3.5

anyway i did cropped to 6x4 = 3x2 format for the 8rw prints but when the guy showed me wat would be printed out there's a black strip at the bottom even when i choose fit in. y is this so?

and when the pics were developed there's a slight crop at the top of the pic even when the guy never crop! destroyed my pic composition! :cry: :cry:
and the color output of the prints are abit too saturated for my liking too.

for eg:

xmasgift8.jpg

you can see the word 'Merry' at the back of the present even under shadows but when i send for print its juz black there.
any body knows of where to print for more accurate colors? i dun need vibrant colors.

any1? help i really need to get the pics rite coz i'm intending to use them for my portfolio.
hope that the cropping problem is juz a one off thing with sincere photos and other places won't have this prob.
any1 can confirm this?

Originally posted by Mystix
any1? help i really need to get the pics rite coz i'm intending to use them for my portfolio.
hope that the cropping problem is juz a one off thing with sincere photos and other places won't have this prob.
any1 can confirm this?

i got similar problem with sincere photo shop.(blk 201?) The top part was cropped off. Anyone has a solution for this?

Originally posted by Falcon

i got similar problem with sincere photo shop.(blk 201?) The top part was cropped off. Anyone has a solution for this?

go to another shop?

Get an explaination from the shop u developed at ???

the auntie says that its normal one confirm will cropped off abit.
thats y i scared go other shops also same prob then i waste $
$24 gone already heart pain leh

Hi all, i juz went to sincere photos (fuji) to have my pics developed.

from an earlier thread back in hwz i understand that to print 8RW prints its best to crop at 6x4 which i already did. here's wat some of u posted back:

8RC=8x12 (12/8=3/2) = 3:2
8R=8x10 (10/8 = 5/4) = 5:4
5R=7/5=7:5
4R=6/4=3:2
3R=5/3.5

anyway i did cropped to 6x4 = 3x2 format for the 8rw prints but when the guy showed me wat would be printed out there's a black strip at the bottom even when i choose fit in. y is this so?

and when the pics were developed there's a slight crop at the top of the pic even when the guy never crop! destroyed my pic composition! :cry: :cry:
and the color output of the prints are abit too saturated for my liking too.

for eg:

xmasgift8.jpg

you can see the word 'Merry' at the back of the present even under shadows but when i send for print its juz black there.
any body knows of where to print for more accurate colors? i dun need vibrant colors.

Check your monitor calibration. The expensive way is to buy the ColourVision Monitor Spyder. The cheaper way is to at least use Adobe Gamma to setup your monitor gamma properly.

On your pic, I can't see the "merry", it might be that your monitor is a little on the bright side, or you are using a LCD monitor.

Regards
CK

Neither can I see "Merry".

Is calibration for LCD monitors the same as normal monitors using adobe gamma?

hmm but i already calibrated using adobe gamma leh...
using samsung syncmaster 753df now.. fyi my brightness setting is only 10 contrast 90
any1 got the icc profile for this?

anyway so how bout the cropping problem? is this juz a isolated case? i dun have much time left...need to redeveloped the pics soon

hmm but i already calibrated using adobe gamma leh...
using samsung syncmaster 753df now.. fyi my brightness setting is only 10 contrast 90
any1 got the icc profile for this?

anyway so how bout the cropping problem? is this juz a isolated case? i dun have much time left...need to redeveloped the pics soon

Instead of neighbourhood labs, which probably don't know much about what you are talking about, spend a bit more and go to a better lab like Colour Lab @ Adelphi, etc. Saves you some agony. :)

Is the 753DF a LCD monitor? LCD monitors somehow shows shadow detail better, but they are not easy to calibrate without the proper equipment like the LCD-capable version of the ColorVision Monitor Spyder. Some LCDs (particularly laptop ones) have different brightness depending on your viewing angle, you might want to take note of that too.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Instead of neighbourhood labs, which probably don't know much about what you are talking about, spend a bit more and go to a better lab like Colour Lab @ Adelphi, etc. Saves you some agony. :)

Is the 753DF a LCD monitor? LCD monitors somehow shows shadow detail better, but they are not easy to calibrate without the proper equipment like the LCD-capable version of the ColorVision Monitor Spyder. Some LCDs (particularly laptop ones) have different brightness depending on your viewing angle, you might want to take note of that too.

Regards
CK

thanks for the reply. think i'll try out adelphi then. hope it turns out ok. printing 8rs real expansive man heh

ckiang said:

Regards
CK

where is colour lab at adelphi?

got number or email address ?
what are the costs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.