Pro1D UV Filters really better than regular Multi-Coated UV filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS TAN

Sep 3, 2007
Hong Kong
What is your expectation from the filter? For me, the filter acts as protection in front of my lens for sand/dust, finger prints and hard knocks. As long as it is not causing unnecessary flare or degrades the image too much, I am ok with it. So, to me I won't be able to tell the difference between a Pro1D UV and a MRC UV assuming they came from the same filter manufacturer.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Anyone done any comparison before?
Yes, it's online and the comparison has been posted in several "what filter" threads here as well.

rendition

Jan 26, 2008
Singapore
www.VisualVerve.sg
What is your expectation from the filter? For me, the filter acts as protection in front of my lens for sand/dust, finger prints and hard knocks. As long as it is not causing unnecessary flare or degrades the image too much, I am ok with it. So, to me I won't be able to tell the difference between a Pro1D UV and a MRC UV assuming they came from the same filter manufacturer.
+1. Thus, I've been using the same filter, Hoya Super HMC UV, since my first lens.

spheredome

Jul 5, 2007
AMK
A good filter is one that doesn't get scratch when you clean it with your T-shirt and no weird flares.

If you ask the question, what is the best practice to clean the UV or clear filter, then it is a lousy filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom