Pro = high end equipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro Image said:
Is good to have his photo up on the web......but then there aren't many D2X users in Singapore. So it should be easy to know who is joker is....

oops...better hold back my d2x purchase for a while ;p
:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

i think the ther guy really got Attitude problem..:nono:

I apperciate your patience :thumbsup: in dealing with the guy.

you should have taken the guys pics and posted here for us to see.

Just by owning a Big camera doesn't mean you are a pro, even small camera also can take good pic. :thumbsd:

side track a bit.
its the same on the roads also you see those merc and BMW driver when they drive
even though you may drive a normal car and it gets the job done by moving you from
one place to another. those driving big cars think they have their way like cutting into lanes etc......

the last time something like that happen to me, I fix up my hammerhead flash with a flash sensor, stand just in front of him on his right and turn the flash to face straight into his lens. Sure to screw up his shots when his flash trigger my hammerhead. It was during the times of shooting film ie: no preview:sticktong
Wander if it happen now with digital, will my flash damage his CCD like shooting straight into the sun?

Haiz, by the time he made the 3rd comment, you should have just threw him out. Complaining here will confirm what we all know, there are black sheep out there. Should have some action to show him the error of his ways :devil:

So where is the mugshot???

Lars said:
Haha poor you
Sound like the standard ego of Nikon users who holds a D2 camera
Pls justify that statement. I know some ppl with D2x and they are perfectly civil.

I'd be disappointed if he's really part of the church...

mayb its not even his own D2X. jus wanna ke siao 2 piss less well equiped photogs off...:think:

did any D2X owner lend or rent any1?:dunno:

Malakite said:
I use a Coolpix 8700 with an attached battery pack , the MB e5700 and sb 80

Sb80 and he says flash not strong enough? confirm that he doesnt know what he is talking about.

His behaviour was definitely not professional. I can understand that you didn't want to create a scene, but he deserved to be removed by force from the venue, identified with a photograph here on Clubsnap, and castigated by his fellow photographers wherever he goes. His sort of elitist attitude makes him more a pro-wannabe than anything else. Respect is earned, not bought.

Lars said:
Haha poor you
Sound like the standard ego of Nikon users who holds a D2 camera

wait till I tell you about the 1***II users that I've met. Big cam, big lens and even bigger ego but pics worse than crap. It's not the brand, it's the guy behind the camera.

another guy I met:
shooting event and this guy was using a S1 pro (looks bigger than the D70), while I was using my D70. He came up to me and said "is that the D70? How can use such a small cam to shoot for people when they're paying you to do a job?" I just show him my S1 pro in my cam bag and replied "because the S1 pro can only be my back up camera" Felt really good after that.:devil:

+evenstar said:
I've shot images of the sun before...no problems on my CMOS
Thanks. Straight into the sun? Have been wandering about this for a long time.

for a matter of fact, that "pro" maybe engaged by someone to shoot for the church.
may not be a member of the church.

honestly, he is just trying to show off his equipment.

i know of some ppl who shoot with P&S, yet their shots turn out better than those with DSLR or probodies.
so wat gives? its the person not the equipment.

the equipment provides the specs to perform, but still requires skill to make it happen.

power is nothing w/o control.

i guess yr fren, the MC, did helped you in a way or another.
if not, he will be tsk...tsk....tsk for the whole nite.

yqt said:
wait till I tell you about the 1***II users that I've met. Big cam, big lens and even bigger ego but pics worse than crap. It's not the brand, it's the guy behind the camera.

another guy I met:
shooting event and this guy was using a S1 pro (looks bigger than the D70), while I was using my D70. He came up to me and said "is that the D70? How can use such a small cam to shoot for people when they're paying you to do a job?" I just show him my S1 pro in my cam bag and replied "because the S1 pro can only be my back up camera" Felt really good after that.:devil:

Haha....good one:thumbsup:

The misconception when ppl nowadays are getting affluent and diving into professional SLR equipment without knowing what they want and armed with the shallow concept that:

Pro equipt = Pro

I'd seen photographers who think they damn zai and pass very sarcastic remarks (kinda like the "I'm the king here. Buzz off") and den when they shoot, its all in Professional mode.

I'm personally not against anyone with a P&S camera. But when meeting someone who is armed with 1 advanced P&S camera, talks big on theory, passes off sacarstic comments on another photographer's photos behind others when he shoots in exactly the same pose, same style and same lighting... This kinda fella ought to be sent to the slaughtering board.

Status
Not open for further replies.