Pro Grade DSLRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

black.ink

Feb 5, 2006
I tried out a few cameras from different 'sects'..i have decided if the D300 dont come true, i would go either C or N pro systems. skipping right over the consumer grade dslrs becos i heard quite a bit along the way

can anyone who had done the 'upgrade' from consumer to pro systems share a bit of their experience, my ears are all open whereas some may have adamantly insist conusmer grade is 'more than enough'.

from what i tasted and seen, i am prepared to break that ideology, well least for myself personally :sweat:

thanks ahead :thumbsup:

since u are looking at pro system then very well should u know what u want else u wont be looking at that grade ... i dont think anybody has any comments regarding pro bodies for u they are call pro body because they had already meet a certain standard of quality and is equally powerful and good in their ways .

black.ink said:
from what i tasted and seen, i am prepared to break that ideology, well least for myself personally :sweat:

thanks ahead :thumbsup:
and if u really want to break th ideology i suggest u try out either brand first get a second hand to start with and sell it if u dont like at lease u wont be losing money . In this case u will be seeing things more clearly from different prospective and understand more what u really need then to hear see from other people .

i understand where you are coming from and sincerely respect your view that nothing comes better than your own personal touch and experience.

however even a pre-owned pro system can be rather pricy and making that leap forward..AND then down backwards could be cost consuming, not to mention the mindset/technical adjustment

i just notice theres not much serious discussion in pro stuff for some reasons..maybe all the pros are busy doing their jobs!! :D

When I own a pro grade DSLR... I'll feedback to you.

you can try renting to see if that system suits you.
each camp has it's own pros and cons

it depends most on how "you" are going to use the tools.
and what matters to "you"

Try both system and see what feels good in your hands. Dun ask me, cos i am biased towards the dark side. =)

S11loop said:
and if u really want to break th ideology i suggest u try out either brand first get a second hand to start with and sell it if u dont like at lease u wont be losing money . In this case u will be seeing things more clearly from different prospective and understand more what u really need then to hear see from other people .
i actually agreed with Clement. I started off jumping to a D70 and now the lost is higher if i want to change camera or system. Why not get a good price 2nd hand system and try first before u go straight in. (My time dun have much 2nd hand system on sale which is below 1k) Try getting a 2nd hand 350D it is really cheap i seen ppl selling off 1 to 2 months old camera at a big lost... just monitor the BnS. U will find one.

Do check out Olympus also. Although their lens arsenal is limited, i am quite impressed by their body & lens technology

The question is "good enough for what?" Only you can answer the question, based on your needs.

Are you shooting in the rain? In the desert? Etc. Then you need a pro model that is fully weather-sealed against dust, water, etc.

Do you need full-frame? Or will a cropped image do?

How big do you need to print? If A3 or less, 10MP seems enough. If bigger, then 14 MP or more seems necessary.

How fast do you need to shoot? 8 fps? 3 fps? Do you shoot Formula 1 or other sports which might need fast frame rate?

How much weight are you willing to carry? A 1Ds Mk II is a lot heavier than a 350D.

Can you afford a pro DSLR system? No point buying a pro system with a cheap flash or a cheap lens, remember that the chain is only as good as its weakest link.

When you know the answers to your questions, you'll know what you need. Of course, what you want, what you like and what you can afford might be a lot different from what you need, but at least you will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.