Pro-consumer vs DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayschampion

Feb 20, 2004
Which one suits a beginner ? my friend looking for one... :)

alwayschampion said:
Which one suits a beginner ? my friend looking for one... :)

2nd hand digicam

Better to go with prosumer unless he has prior SLR experience or have existing lenses with his film SLR....

If he is a total newbie to photography in general......prosumer digicam is the best....... ;)

yup i agree... a prosumer, and a 2nd hand one too would be the best option for a newbie. Hee... I got my first prosumer Sony F717 second hand too. Works like a charm :)

go for a pro consumer. master the basic and the cam till u feel it's limitations, and if yr interest in photography is getting hotter, then upgrade to SLR :)

Get a 2nd hand digicam. Prices keep crashing like PC prices. Someting like a G3 is a good option. No point getting a new one since the price will crash in 6 months.

sriram said:
Get a 2nd hand digicam. Prices keep crashing like PC prices. Someting like a G3 is a good option. No point getting a new one since the price will crash in 6 months.

a 2nd hand G3 shld cost ard??

acetylcholine said:
6mths ? how come

'cos when new model comes out, the old model prices got slash to clear stock mah! Anyway, 6 months is a bit too extreme lah! It would normally take a year or so for the price to really fall. It also depend on whether it's a good year or a bad year for the manufacturer!

In that case, why not just start off with a consumer camera instead of a prosumer?

better start off with a slr, manual one better i think, i learn alot of the basics and discipline well myself with a manual slr.

but its just your friend's personal perferences.

enjoy photography!

iceberg said:
OT a bit.,... wat distinguishes between consumer and prosumer?

consumer cams are those: power on, aim and shoot.

Prosumer cams are those comes with bell and whistle to allows photographer more control like shutter speed, apperture size. It can also allows external access like flash, tele converter etc.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.