Pro Cam on everybody neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danntbt

Jul 28, 2004
Chestnut
dannytoh.multiply.com
It seems like newbies are going straight at high-end stuff, some not even knowing the basic specifications of these cameras, much less what they are capable of.....well, that can only mean one thing, pro-end cameras will be more affordable as they are no longer meant for a niche market....looking forward for that to happen.....camera manufacturers should cut price to capture the market especially with the downturn in economy all over....

hahaha...just thinking aloud.

anyone has money, can buy anything they fancy about, others has no rights to comment about that.

camera manufacturers spend so much money on R&D for high end cameras, why should they lower the price to make it more affordable to many people and know that they don't need and won't really benefit from it?

It seems like newbies are going straight at high-end stuff, some not even knowing the basic specifications of these cameras, much less what they are capable of.....well, that can only mean one thing, pro-end cameras will be more affordable as they are no longer meant for a niche market....looking forward for that to happen.....camera manufacturers should cut price to capture the market especially with the downturn in economy all over....

Every hotel you go to will be supplying one in every room. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

don't think that will happen for the FF market.

Different hobbyist got different purchasing power ma, why fret over such comparisons.. My senior got a Porche as his first car. Of course subsequently he had to get a Ferrari.

I will feel abit of heartache for the camera if the person totally sux at it, and posters who are all out to strut their wares. Which is not uncommon. But no more bitterness beyond that

Ryan

and the camera manufacturers milk all these newbies to give you your d3, your d300 with improved iso performance etc.

not everyone with a zhnged car can drive well
not everyone with a top-end parker pen can write well
not everyone with a top-end tennis racket will play well

and there is no reason to begrudge anyone the right to purchase. :)

yes, maybe the camera is wasted on them, it could be given to a poor person who has the passion but no money to buy. but life's not fair.

anyone has money, can buy anything they fancy about, others has no rights to comment about that.

Comrade, in an equal society every farmer has been given the same hoe.

TS wishes that every shooter will use the same twin-lens reflex camera called Great Wall from The Chairman to the party grass roots and wear the same blue photo vest with the slogan "为人民服务" on it. :)

Last edited:

camera manufacturers spend so much money on R&D for high end cameras, why should they lower the price to make it more affordable to many people and know that they don't need and won't really benefit from it?

.....look at the pricing of pro cam level cam, and did I say they cannot buy? I am encouraging those who can afford to bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.....catch it?

Last edited:
Many years ago, the handphone prices were prohibitive.

Fast forward to today, even primary school students are using top of the line handphone.

The only constant is change and were seeing prices of DSLR going down and becoming more affordable across the board.

what if it has already happened? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

was out to orchard yesterday, haven't seen a lot of d700 yet but i cannot guarantee the same for 5D users...:dunno:

while some people like to walk around with their "big big" dslr, i try to keep my as small as possible, cause in sg once you take out a dslr, everyone turns at look at you, hate the uninvited attention.

Last edited:
was out to orchard yesterday, haven't seen a lot of d700 yet but i cannot guarantee the same for 5D users...:dunno:

i got a D700 STRAP haha...am i pro? :bsmilie: btw we are all pros because we use lowePRO and i using s5PRO :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i got a D700 STRAP haha...am i pro? :bsmilie: btw we are all pros because we use lowePRO and i using s5PRO :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i only saw a single D3 only...no D700 around...those who put their cams in the bag, surely cannot see...

i only saw a single D3 only...no D700 around...those who put their cams in the bag, surely cannot see...

ya i saw a d3 ytd in fact i only knw oneguy who owes the d700. hehe

hahaha...just thinking aloud.

Don't just think aloud. Next time you see a newbie with a 1Ds Mark III or a D3 hanging around his puny little neck,... go over immediately, give him a hug, and thank him "Bro, thanks for keeping up the demand during this recession", and pass him your contact should he wants to sell it when the next 1Ds Mark IV or D3x comes out. :)

it just takes sometime for people to change their opinion when they see a photograph from "wow what lens are u using? is that a taken with a d3? to "wow how do you do that, lightings from the left? kind to share your settings?" eventually "wow that is a nice photo, impressive, great timing, i like the expression".

thats when you know you are not bother with those stuff and you know what you are doing,

my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.