Private Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

namespace

Feb 1, 2007
Just wondering anyone interested in doing private shoot instead of joining the shoot in "Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots" section. I'm not trying to take away the business from them but it will give us more control over our expection.

Correct me if I'm wrong. All the shoot I've participated in does not include a MUA. I do understand that this is due to the cost. With private shoot, not only we can get a MUA, we will have more time with the model to adjust and refine the pose or surrounding. Cost might be higher than joining the shoot mentioned above. I'm thinking of a small group like 4 people.

Please let me know your view.

Thank you.

I was thinkin the same here too.. I have a few themes in mind I would like to shoot, but

engaging model, MUA all too expensive liao. Trying to find like-minded kakis oso. :)

Private shoot enables you to customize the shoot yourself...

Can check out the following site:
http://www.modelsnet.tv/

why do just join those shoots come with MUA??

even you do your own private shoot, does not guarantee the outcome will be good also.

try to save some little money, in the end lost even more, this is so truth in everywhere.

why do just join those shoots come with MUA??

even you do your own private shoot, does not guarantee the outcome will be good also.

try to save some little money, in the end lost even more, this is so truth in everywhere.
Well, the thing is that most shoot organised here in CS don't have MUA, less those studio shoots.

Sometime the shoot include 2 or more models. If there is a MUA (usually none), it is difficult for just one MUA to manage. With private shoot I believe having one model and one MUA should not cost too high compared to organized shoot.

Sometime the shoot include 2 or more models. If there is a MUA (usually none), it is difficult for just one MUA to manage. With private shoot I believe having one model and one MUA should not cost too high compared to organized shoot.
Shooting 1 model is better than having a number of them... can stay focused also...

All the shoot I've participated in does not include a MUA..

Sometime the shoot include 2 or more models. If there is a MUA (usually none), it is difficult for just one MUA to manage..

Who's shoot have you been joining ... From these 2 statements ... i think you have been going to the wrong shoots .... There should at least be a basic MUA ... not expecting anything fantastic or exceptional from these 6:1 model shoots; but basic make-up.

You should really be a little more selective and not go back to the shoots that you feel are not up to par .... Also joining these shoots are not just for taking picture of pretty models ... it is also for networking with other photographers and exchange of ideas ...

From the networking, you should be able to put togeter a private shoot ....

But still your 2 statements above really is surprising .... with the current group of organisers giving all kinds of discounts ... breakfast ... snacks ... etc ... and there is NO MUA .... Cannot understand how photographers can go through with a shoot like that ...

Who's shoot have you been joining ... From these 2 statements ... i think you have been going to the wrong shoots .... There should at least be a basic MUA ... not expecting anything fantastic or exceptional from these 6:1 model shoots; but basic make-up.

You should really be a little more selective and not go back to the shoots that you feel are not up to par .... Also joining these shoots are not just for taking picture of pretty models ... it is also for networking with other photographers and exchange of ideas ...

But still your 2 statements above really is surprising .... with the current group of organisers giving all kinds of discounts ... breakfast ... snacks ... etc ... and there is NO MUA .... Cannot understand how photographers can go through with a shoot like that ...
Time has changed... The portraiture shoot in CS is not longer like how it is in the past...

Thanks for the advise.

the one thing i really cant comprehend is that how can paying $95 for 3 models for 3 hours is a good deal? :think: and shooting with 18 photographers????

I would rather pay $50 for 1 model for 3 hrs ...

Apologies. I know I have been hanging here for sometime but still pardon my ignorance. Can I know what is a MUA?

Anyway Studio shoot may not be exactly that expensive. Why not try shooting the new faces 1st? They may not be the most prettiest nor the most experience... but certainly it's a win win situation. :)

the one thing i really cant comprehend is that how can paying $95 for 3 models for 3 hours is a good deal? :think: and shooting with 18 photographers????

I would rather pay $50 for 1 model for 3 hrs ...

I couldn't agree with you more! I used to attend shoots regularly but I've lost the enthusiasm when I have to shoot a model with 5 other photogs. You can't get to pose the model at all and its so frustrating at the end of the day. I don't mind not having a MUA so much as competing with other photogs that I do really mind.

In terms of cost, I would personally like no more than 1 model to 2 - 4 photogs, ideally 3 only. Together with MUA, I don't mind paying say, $80 for a 2 hour session (excluding initial make-up time). In a studio enviroment , of course and total bill should not be more than $100 for the whole lot!

Shooting on week-days would be also fine with me, say from 7 - 9 pm.

Anyone????

PM me if you are so interested!

If u guys wanna consider trying out some amature models. I think I can help too.

what is the purpose for going to those shoots? what is the learning point? i've been trying to find a reason for me to join those shoots, cos it seems like everyone's going for them. so those shoots must be doing something good, right?

personally i don't believe in paying anyone money to take photos for them. they should be the one paying me instead!
haha

what is the purpose for going to those shoots? what is the learning point? i've been trying to find a reason for me to join those shoots, cos it seems like everyone's going for them. so those shoots must be doing something good, right?

personally i don't believe in paying anyone money to take photos for them. they should be the one paying me instead!
haha

Pay you for?

Shooting on week-days would be also fine with me, say from 7 - 9 pm.

Anyone????

PM me if you are so interested!

7-9pm ... a bit tricky with the lighting for outdoor shoot leh ...
That timing better just do studio shoots ...

I will be free and most likely can do a few shoot now and then on weekdays ....

Lets keep in touch ...

7-9pm ... a bit tricky with the lighting for outdoor shoot leh ...
That timing better just do studio shoots ...

I will be free and most likely can do a few shoot now and then on weekdays ....

Lets keep in touch ...

LTB!!!! Long time since shooting with u liao. ;)

Any interesting themes?

LTB!!!! Long time since shooting with u liao. ;)

Any interesting themes?

Have NOT been shooting lah ...
But just a scn thru CS ... i think the most interesting shoot is from "stolenjewel" ... the pregnant shoot ....

Interested ??? Got to get a studio and some concept together though ... :bsmilie:

Oh BTW got to do it fast if we are keen .... befor she "pops" ... then it will be opportunity missed .... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.