prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
can go outside prison to take pic or not ah? i mean, do they allow you to do so? anyone tried before?

can try....but dun use your SLR...try to act and look tourist...coz changi prison outside got the chapel wat...historical site...

Witness said:
can try....but dun use your SLR...try to act and look tourist...coz changi prison outside got the chapel wat...historical site...

u think it will be better if i ask the ppl there if i can take the pics... i loaded the film into my SLR liao...

cannot! or else yr film will need to be destroy or storage to be formated.

whoelse said:
cannot! or else yr film will need to be destroy or storage to be formated.

oh... they dun allow ah? :(

Depends on which prison(s) you're talking about.

Some prisons (e.g. Queenstown remand, sembawang drug, admiraty west, portsdown, tampines) can be access via public road.

So if you're on the road 'outside', you're in public area. I doubt anyone can stop you from doing what you like.

some prisons (e.g. Changi, moon cresent, changi women, tanah merah) got to enter via a guard house prior to seeing the main entrances. Hence once you're inside (for a valid reason, like visit), you're oblige to their restrictions.

Anyway changi, moon cresent, jalan awan already evaculated (shifted to the new cluster). I guess it's only a matter of time to tearing down the building.

Heard that only the front wall of changi prison will be retained.

HeWolf said:
Depends on which prison(s) you're talking about.

Some prisons (e.g. Queenstown remand, sembawang drug, admiraty west, portsdown, tampines) can be access via public road.

So if you're on the road 'outside', you're in public area. I doubt anyone can stop you from doing what you like.

some prisons (e.g. Changi, moon cresent, changi women, tanah merah) got to enter via a guard house prior to seeing the main entrances. Hence once you're inside (for a valid reason, like visit), you're oblige to their restrictions.

Anyway changi, moon cresent, jalan awan already evaculated (shifted to the new cluster). I guess it's only a matter of time to tearing down the building.

Heard that only the front wall of changi prison will be retained.

If the prisons are gazetted as protected area where photography is prohibited, even if u take picture in the public area outside the prison, they can stop u and hand you over to the police.

Comfirm cannot take lah. Public place yes but pointing the camera at the prison u try and see. Why I noe? Cos my ex-job are quite related to it.

Anyone happens to know the legislation/rules governing such places? it appears that the consensus is that photography of a protected area while standing OUTSIDE of the protected area in a public place is prohibited.

from what I can tell, it appears that one only has to comply with directions whilst INSIDE the protected area. there doesn't seem to be anything expressly prohibiting photography of the area from OUTSIDE the area. it would be good if someone could provide some direction on the written laws/rules on this issue.

the only other thing i could find was that photography of a protected area from an airplane is prohibited. nothign is said abt being on the ground.

perhaps whoelse and redstorm could help verify?

As long as there is a protected sign, photography is not allowed. Even snapping of CHIJMES near SMRT is not allowed too. The sentry has all the rights to retain your gear for investigation for national security reasons. As long as dont be seen than nothing will happen.

whoelse said:
As long as there is a protected sign, photography is not allowed. Even snapping of CHIJMES near SMRT is not allowed too. The sentry has all the rights to retain your gear for investigation for national security reasons. As long as dont be seen than nothing will happen.

I concur but CHIJMES is definitely not a protected place. I have personally taken pictures within the place without any problem. Prohibition of taking pictures of prohibited places is not just within and from the sky. U also cannot take pic of the prohibited place from the outside. When I was still in the army, we had a few cases of civilians taking picture of our camp from the outside and we stopped them and handed them over to the police.

I mean standing outside CHJIME near SMRT (HQ). @@

okok....if its the same as army...take the outside...logos and stuff...dungo and squeeze ya lens tru the fence or anything...get yourself into trouble...

wah.... like dat ah... use zoom ah... stand far far away, they cannot see you, but u can see them... :D

U wont be surprise I'm the one coming after u @@
Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.