Priority in life

That's why I dont dare to listen much to the song 'Anak'...makes my heart break everytime I hear it!

It is still not too late to be kind to them, one touchy action from you will still make them happy :)

It is still not too late to be kind to them, one touchy action from you will still make them happy :)

im still in school haha and once, i randomly hugged my mum and her frst reaction to my "sudden affection" was- wad did u do this time hahahahaha lol still love my parents :)

When I was primary 5; which is many years back, I met an Indian guy at the bus stop while waiting for my bus. He approached me and start to introduce himself as a journalist profession, and start to share his opinion on life priority.
He said one's life cannot be without a family, when we were born our parents take care & love us, no matter what wrong we did, they can easily forgive us. But when we start to grow older, we meet more people and we tends to lost touch of the love they have given us, this is irreplaceable by any other. This is sadly the truth, our 1st 20 years of age we could be still under our parents wing, it will take only one or two mistakes our parents did to totally condemn them and forget what has given to you over these 20 years.
2nd priority is our family; our siblings our kids and our elders.
I really glad on the discussion with him and would like him to know:
"Sir, I am the kid in who listened to your great teaching at Thomson lakeview bus stop, thanks for your guidance even though we only spoke for less than 30 mins, your golden words inspire me till now, thank you sir!"
It was my pleasure kid............;)

I just want to be happy ... :)

先天下之忧而忧,后天下之乐而乐 by 范仲淹

Happiness? It has to be for all and not only self..

Ur... not so related but can be used as reference lah!

Last edited:
im still in school haha and once, i randomly hugged my mum and her frst reaction to my "sudden affection" was- wad did u do this time hahahahaha lol still love my parents :)

Well done boy..... keep it up!

1. Spiritual (God)
2. Spouse
3. Children
4. Business (If you have any)
5. Job

For me its family first. If you're all alone in the world no need to work so hard, just pitch a tent at ECP good enough for me.

Go watch movie "the road", ask yourself in time of apocalypse who would u want to protect or what do you want to take?
Then that is probability your priority in life

Come think of it.

It is similar to the concept of Maslow's need.

It changes in the different phases of life.

When you are:

1. between 12 and 18... friends come first
2. between 19 and 25.. gf comes first
3. between 25 and 30.. career/money comes first
4. between 30 and 50.. family comes first
5. from 50... health comes first

Only speaking to some of those working overseas..
My 2cts, dont apply to most..

A late night TV host in Shanghai once said
" If you said you're doing all this for your family, but where are you?.."

Job/$$ enough is ok liao, your kid will not blame you for not having that increment, but that you were not there while they were growing up..
Aging parents may be proud that you're doing well out there, but I bet they wish you rather be beside them. Time and moments lost can never be recovered..

I know a guy whose family is in Aust but he's working long-term freelance here..
Everytime he comes in, he'll boast about his house and belongings in Aust. But never have I heard him talk once about his family or his young kids..
I'm sure they rather him be there..

This Petronas CNY Ad comes to mind..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHVobYxdgmw

Last edited:
Only speaking to some of those working overseas..
My 2cts, dont apply to most..

A late night TV host in Shanghai once said
" If you said you're doing all this for your family, but where are you?.."

Job/$$ enough is ok liao, your kid will not blame you for not having that increment, but that you were not there while they were growing up..
Aging parents may be proud that you're doing well out there, but I bet they wish you rather be beside them. Time and moments lost can never be recovered..

I know a guy whose family is in Aust but he's working long-term freelance here..
Everytime he comes in, he'll boast about his house and belongings in Aust. But never have I heard him talk once about his family or his young kids..
I'm sure they rather him be there..

This Petronas CNY Ad comes to mind..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHVobYxdgmw

Hi.. agreed.

I also like those clips therein.

At the end of the day, FAMILY comes first!