Printing to A1 Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

juwels

Oct 11, 2004
gurus and sifus,

i'm preparing to shoot and post process my pics which wud be blown up to A1 size. i've never blown up my pics that big! anyone with any experience? i was advised to shoot in RAW, something i've never done before, hmm.

post production wise, i was advised not to sharpen to pic at all. colour correction and tweaking with contrast is ok. cloning is out.

has anyone had any experience blowing pics to that size? any advice? i dont want it to turn out super pixelated, or all my post production magnified and obvious.

would appreciate any feedback, thank you!

use the camera that offer the most pixel,
use the sharpest lens you got on your list,
and follow all the other advice you have been given... but i i think some sharpening will be better... image from RAW looks really soft even with the sharpest lens.

A1 is not very large commercially..if cloning is out u mean all ads are not DIed?..impossible rite.

I've done such big prints before (A0 in fact), usually 'cloning' can be spotted quite easily in such prints. Unless you're really that good until its a perfect blend.

Posters are usually 'touched' but the advice as stated is sound. Also, remember to check the colour profile of the poster printer, colours can vary quite a lot when you transfer to offset printing. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.