printing question: matte or glossy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

butters

pardon me for my ignorance, but would digital photos look better on matte or glossy paper? wat are the pros and cons of each type(like lifespan, color vibrancy and stuff...)? which one would u guys prefer?

btw, just sent my stuff to colourlab @ adelphi for printing, which's using the fuji frontier machine... hope the prints would be nice cuz it's the 1st time i've tried such a service...

Originally posted by butters
pardon me for my ignorance, but would digital photos look better on matte or glossy paper? wat are the pros and cons of each type(like lifespan, color vibrancy and stuff...)? which one would u guys prefer?

btw, just sent my stuff to colourlab @ adelphi for printing, which's using the fuji frontier machine... hope the prints would be nice cuz it's the 1st time i've tried such a service...

I used to print everything glossy, now I print things like portraiture/wedding-type photos on matte, landscapes on glossy. Anything that needs extra colour vibrancy, saturation, etc does well on glossy.

Matte prints also have the added advantage of not easily having fingerprints.

Lifespan is the same.

Regards
CK

I was told that the lifespan of matte photos are longer than glossy ones, but this came from a source that couldn't explain why.

Personally, if the shot is destined for a personal album or some coffee table book, I'd do matte.

Otherwise it's glossy, especially for shots to be mounted, put up for viewing behind glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.