Printing Problems with Canon Inkjet

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanleyC

Jan 18, 2008
Hi,

I have a Canon Pixma Inkjet printer. Everytime i print using Canon Photopaper, there tend to be some smudging around the edges. This is particularly obvious when it is a B/W print. After printing out, the picture looks ok. But after a few days, you'll notice red smudges near the edges (B to W corners).

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Is this something wrong with the ink or paper? I use all Canon original.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Try to do a printer cleaning. Under the printing menu, look out for the Maintenance tab and look for printer head cleaning. If the problem still persist, take out the head and send it to Canon Service Centre for a check up.

Do you have a photo of the smudging that happens?

How old is your printer? How old is the print head? Which model?

If it's not too new, you may wanna open up your printer and wipe clean the interior of dust and ink.

The waste ink pad could also be full.

wow. thanks for the very prompt replies.

the printer i have is a pixma i3500. i don't think it's an issue with the camera. i used different cameras from nikon to ricohs. all have the same effect.

the thing i don't understand is that right after printing, the photo looks ok. borders look clear and sharp. but keep it for a few weeks and the color starts to run. bearing in mind that the photos are kept in dry place, away from direct sunlight.

let me take some pics to show the effect. cheers

the logical explanation would be either ink or paper to be blame.

change either one to to check. also try printing thru other software, choose paper type to match manually.

i'm not sure if this works. u may wanna try to use heavy loads such as phone directory to pile it over your photos aft it had dried on the surface. pile it for abt a day or two. when i first started printing photos using home printers, someone taugh me this method. logic behind it? i dunno. but well, my prints turns out fine. so i guess it works aft all. u may wanna try it too. anyway another alternative, go to the photo shop n let the people there print for u. printing at home is definitely more expensive than letting the photo shops print it for u, and their printout quality tends to be much better. i have since switched to letting the auntie from the photo shop print for me.

Hi,

I have a Canon Pixma Inkjet printer. Everytime i print using Canon Photopaper, there tend to be some smudging around the edges. This is particularly obvious when it is a B/W print. After printing out, the picture looks ok. But after a few days, you'll notice red smudges near the edges (B to W corners).

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Is this something wrong with the ink or paper? I use all Canon original.

Thanks.

Try using Fujifilm inkjet Photo paper.

the thing i don't understand is that right after printing, the photo looks ok. borders look clear and sharp. but keep it for a few weeks and the color starts to run. bearing in mind that the photos are kept in dry place, away from direct sunlight.

Are you storing the photos in furniture made from particle board, or has it been recently painted/varnished?

Status
Not open for further replies.