Printing pictures - send in RAW or JPEG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Teo

Dec 23, 2009
Hi everyone, I have another stupid question. My shots are saved in the camera as RAW and JPG. After editing, if I want to send my pictures for printing, is it better to print from the RAW file (is this possible?) or the JPG file?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I have another stupid question. My shots are saved in the camera as RAW and JPG. After editing, if I want to send my pictures for printing, is it better to print from the RAW file (is this possible?) or the JPG file?

Thanks in advance.

For lab print, i think they only accept jpeg crop at 2 x 3.

OK, thanks !!!

JPG or some place do accept TIFF amd PDF. But most of the time just JPG.

try to get the right colour profile for your monitor to match that of the shop, then you adjust your colour and brightness nicely, once in the shop, as kshop not to adjust colour, but make sure brightness is ok... btw, also crop to correct size before sending in... you do not want them to crop in THEIR way for you

they probably will not accept raw file for print

btw, your raw file is unprocessed, i.e. not sharpened, no contrast or curves applied.. i think it is not good for printing most of the time, given that most dslr output for raw are deliberately toned down in these aspects for a more malleable result.

Thanks in advance.

JPEG, after you've processed the file.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.