Printing Photos with borders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senorita

Mar 4, 2006
Hello,

I'm new here, been doing (amateur) digital photography for quite a while now, but currently I'm getting started on film cameras, haha. :)

I've always liked photos with borders, you know how some photos have nice white borders at the side? So yeah, I'm wondering how do they get those borders? More specifically, is it possible to develop this sort of photos in the shops?

Thanks in advance! ;)

jus need to tell the shop to print wif border...but there will b an extra charge or diff price iirc...if nt u can do ur border b4 sending it for developing...n pls try to use the search funtion...this has been ask b4...;)

Is there a quick and easy way to add borders (white, black or otherwise) and words to JPEG files instead of tinkering with layers?

you can use a photo editing software. most of them have borders which you can insert to your pictures. Im a bit confused,, your using a film or a digital camera? if it is a digital camera you can edit your pix with photoshop. but if its with film, i think you have to pay extra amount of money for the borders before developing.

here's an unprofessional way to do it. i used to do it. lol.

take a pen knife, lightly cut the sides u want to have a border. then just take out the layer. there u got white border liao lo. haha... but the white border looks abit fluffy cos the layer of paper is exposed.

jonnie84 said:
here's an unprofessional way to do it. i used to do it. lol.

take a pen knife, lightly cut the sides u want to have a border. then just take out the layer. there u got white border liao lo. haha... but the white border looks abit fluffy cos the layer of paper is exposed.
it is not call "unprofessional" way, this is how those bridal shops do the borders for the wedding portraits albums during pre digital day.

btw, that layer is call emulsion.

Status
Not open for further replies.