Printing Photos At Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinkletoes

Dec 1, 2008
Singapore, Bukit Merah
Hi all. Recently i have been printing some photos at home. Just some casual printing.

However I noticed that my photos always tend to a yellowish hue. This is more apparent especially with photos like night shots that have lots of blacks.

Printer Model: Canon MP520 (with standard canon ink cartridges)
Paper: Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy

I notice that when the printouts are fresh out from the printer the colors are very accurate. However, after a few seconds and the ink dries, the photo will have the yellowish hue.

I have checked my print settings quite throughly and i do not think it is due to monitor-printer color sync issue as even scans of photos have the correct color in my monitor when compared side by side to the original.

Having trouble finding info from google, I want to ask if any fellow CS-ers have similar experience with such printing and if so help point out what is the issue here?

Am I:

Using wrong paper?
Using wrong printer? (and should just live with it)
Using lousy ink?

I want to emphasize the fact that colors on the printout is accurate UNTIL the ink dries a few seconds later...

I think its the paper. Try different brands to find the one that suits you. I printed a whole lot of A4s on my Canon MP in Japan they sort of look different now, blue yellowish.

hmmm... yea you could be right. kind of funny how the colors seem to fluctuate on my prints. maybe i should find those high end paper and try out if the color will change...

thx for ur reply =]

Status
Not open for further replies.