Printing of Pic but color different...mind help?!..thz

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireZ

Deregistered
Sep 21, 2008
Hi all..
yesterday i went to Kodak (if didn't remember wrongly..located inside westmall lv 1) for the instant printing.
Purposely print 1 piece for so call "testing" and it turns out to b very very reddish brown as per compare to the picture from my lappy... (edit e photo from lightroom)..

er.. wat can i do to ensure the correct or closest color?
I did read up on color calibration etc..but isn't it seems more for those personal photo printer (use at home) than for outside printing?

Kindly advise..

sorry if too noob or been discussed...but i couldn't find the thread even after using the search..

cheers!:)

u do any editing in photoshop ? u're using RBG or CMYK ? cause if im not wrong u should edit in CMYK for printing

1. calibrate your monitor
2. make sure your photoshop is reading your photo's icc profile correctly
3. save your files in sRGB before sending for printing

I believe those printers will work well with sRGB.

Search the Digital Darkroom section for similar topics. It starts with a calibrated monitor and needs a few more things to consider. Also, tell the photolab not to do any adjustments (most will do some generic one).

might be the printer sucks.

i once desaurated 1 picture. means is pure greyscale. but the icc profile i left it to sRGB.

then i went to to the lab near my place, which is the kodak lab and the fuji lab in JP. they dont do minilab print for 1 piece, so i used the instant print.

both images are off. 1 got a blue cast, 1 got a yellow cast.

Hi all..
yesterday i went to Kodak (if didn't remember wrongly..located inside westmall lv 1) for the instant printing.
Purposely print 1 piece for so call "testing" and it turns out to b very very reddish brown as per compare to the picture from my lappy... (edit e photo from lightroom)..

er.. wat can i do to ensure the correct or closest color?
I did read up on color calibration etc..but isn't it seems more for those personal photo printer (use at home) than for outside printing?

Kindly advise..

sorry if too noob or been discussed...but i couldn't find the thread even after using the search..

cheers!:)
first thing first, you want to do editing? you need to get your monitor calibrated first.

calibrating of monitor is to show the correct colors on your monitor, if the monitor does not show blue as blue, red as red, mid gray as mid gray, what is the point of doing editing? you are not going any where.

u do any editing in photoshop ? u're using RBG or CMYK ? cause if im not wrong u should edit in CMYK for printing

Ya..i did edit in lightroom 2 and converted it to jpeg..er..not sure will it b RBG or CMYK after conversion..pretty new..as in..i don't really do printing till this time round..haha..
hence..didn't study much on this issue..

1. calibrate your monitor
2. make sure your photoshop is reading your photo's icc profile correctly
3. save your files in sRGB before sending for printing

I believe those printers will work well with sRGB.

icc profile?!...something new to me..time to read up...

Search the Digital Darkroom section for similar topics. It starts with a calibrated monitor and needs a few more things to consider. Also, tell the photolab not to do any adjustments (most will do some generic one).

er..this is the machine..hence i think...is pretty automatic?

might be the printer sucks.

i once desaurated 1 picture. means is pure greyscale. but the icc profile i left it to sRGB.

then i went to to the lab near my place, which is the kodak lab and the fuji lab in JP. they dont do minilab print for 1 piece, so i used the instant print.

both images are off. 1 got a blue cast, 1 got a yellow cast.

ophs....hopefully is the printer..lol...but still i really lack of the knowledge abt printin..so.. ultimately..i still gonna b blamed, b it if the printer suck..haha..

first thing first, you want to do editing? you need to get your monitor calibrated first.

calibrating of monitor is to show the correct colors on your monitor, if the monitor does not show blue as blue, red as red, mid gray as mid gray, what is the point of doing editing? you are not going any where.

Ooo..okok... hopefully it isn't hard to do color correction?!...

headache coming...

anyway..

thanks every1!!..:)

er..this is the machine..hence i think...is pretty automatic?
A machine is nothing but a tool. It requires a person with brain to operate it and to decide whether to apply any correction or not. Tell the lab not to apply any.

A machine is nothing but a tool. It requires a person with brain to operate it and to decide whether to apply any correction or not. Tell the lab not to apply any.

Morning...icic..okok.. i assume those machine r meant for "non-edited" printing?...
hm...will try out again after i try to calibrate the mointor color..

Thanks a lot!;)

Morning...icic..okok.. i assume those machine r meant for "non-edited" printing?...
hm...will try out again after i try to calibrate the mointor color..

Thanks a lot!;)

Simplest to calibrate is to get a colour calibrator like Spyder3Express for about $150. I bought mine from Cathay Photo. For LCD based screens like laptops and other LCD screens, it is important to set eveything to neutral or 50% mark. Use the calibrator and the software will calibrate everything nicely.

Then, you use lightroom or photoshop to "edit" your photos. What you see pn screen will be what you get from the photo labs. Recommend you use Kodak. Colours are more true to life.

else...

El Cheapo way is use icc profile. Still good enough but only 90% accurate. Why stop there?

Simplest to calibrate is to get a colour calibrator like Spyder3Express for about $150. I bought mine from Cathay Photo. For LCD based screens like laptops and other LCD screens, it is important to set eveything to neutral or 50% mark. Use the calibrator and the software will calibrate everything nicely.

Then, you use lightroom or photoshop to "edit" your photos. What you see pn screen will be what you get from the photo labs. Recommend you use Kodak. Colours are more true to life.

else...

El Cheapo way is use icc profile. Still good enough but only 90% accurate. Why stop there?

Hi..thz for the info...Spyder3Express very exp for NS boi like me...low pay leh..

probably will try out the icc profile...gonna do a search for it..

Thanks a lot!!:)

Hi..thz for the info...Spyder3Express very exp for NS boi like me...low pay leh..

If your monitor is not showing correct color when you edit, you will never get the correct color in print.

If your monitor is not showing correct color when you edit, you will never get the correct color in print.

er...any idea...is there any1 providing this sort of calibration service?..
any idea with the rate?

cheers!

do a search. there's somebody here doing this service.

okok boss...

do a search. there's somebody here doing this service.

Since budegt is the constraint, then you might want to try this: http://www.quickgamma.de/indexen.html

It's free and it's as close as if using a calibrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.